- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Man Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- WWE Fans Asked to Arrive Early Sunday due to Security Screenings
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- Small businesses across the state to participate in Small Business Saturday
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
Marshall Wins Homecoming Game Against Rice
The winning drive was set up when Vinny Curry forced a fumble of running back Sam McGuffie setting the Herd up on the Owls 23 yard line. Curry finished the game with nine tackles, four for a loss with three and a half sacks.
Marshall opened up a 14-0 lead on a pair of A.J. Graham first half rushing touchdowns – the Herd’s first rushing touchdowns of the season. Graham led Marshall with 129 yards rushing on 20 attempts.
Rice cut into Marshall’s lead with a pair of Chris Boswell field goals before the Herd’s Tyler Warner ended the first half with a 45 yard field goal giving Marshall the 17-6 halftime lead.
The Owls took the lead on a pair of third quarter touchdowns. First quarterback Taylor McHargue hit Vance McDonald on a 49 yard touchdown strike, then running back Sam McGuffie capped off a 7 play, 79 yard drive with a 4 yard touchdown run.
For the game Rice outgained Marshall 361 to 328 yards but the Herd’s defense limited the Owls to just 2 of 12 third down conversions.