- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
Marshall Wins Homecoming Game Against Rice
The winning drive was set up when Vinny Curry forced a fumble of running back Sam McGuffie setting the Herd up on the Owls 23 yard line. Curry finished the game with nine tackles, four for a loss with three and a half sacks.
Marshall opened up a 14-0 lead on a pair of A.J. Graham first half rushing touchdowns – the Herd’s first rushing touchdowns of the season. Graham led Marshall with 129 yards rushing on 20 attempts.
Rice cut into Marshall’s lead with a pair of Chris Boswell field goals before the Herd’s Tyler Warner ended the first half with a 45 yard field goal giving Marshall the 17-6 halftime lead.
The Owls took the lead on a pair of third quarter touchdowns. First quarterback Taylor McHargue hit Vance McDonald on a 49 yard touchdown strike, then running back Sam McGuffie capped off a 7 play, 79 yard drive with a 4 yard touchdown run.
For the game Rice outgained Marshall 361 to 328 yards but the Herd’s defense limited the Owls to just 2 of 12 third down conversions.