- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- BOOK NOTES: 'The Little Book of Big Government': Philip Yaffe's New Book Probes Pros and Cons of World Government to End War
Marshall Wins Homecoming Game Against Rice
The winning drive was set up when Vinny Curry forced a fumble of running back Sam McGuffie setting the Herd up on the Owls 23 yard line. Curry finished the game with nine tackles, four for a loss with three and a half sacks.
Marshall opened up a 14-0 lead on a pair of A.J. Graham first half rushing touchdowns – the Herd’s first rushing touchdowns of the season. Graham led Marshall with 129 yards rushing on 20 attempts.
Rice cut into Marshall’s lead with a pair of Chris Boswell field goals before the Herd’s Tyler Warner ended the first half with a 45 yard field goal giving Marshall the 17-6 halftime lead.
The Owls took the lead on a pair of third quarter touchdowns. First quarterback Taylor McHargue hit Vance McDonald on a 49 yard touchdown strike, then running back Sam McGuffie capped off a 7 play, 79 yard drive with a 4 yard touchdown run.
For the game Rice outgained Marshall 361 to 328 yards but the Herd’s defense limited the Owls to just 2 of 12 third down conversions.