- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- West Virginia’s Premiere Anime, Manga, Gaming & Pop Culture Convention Announces Programming Expansion Plans
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- Finalists for Huntington police chief announced
- SuperTalk 94.1 FM & AM 930 Joins Cavaliers Radio Network
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
Marshall Wins Homecoming Game Against Rice
The winning drive was set up when Vinny Curry forced a fumble of running back Sam McGuffie setting the Herd up on the Owls 23 yard line. Curry finished the game with nine tackles, four for a loss with three and a half sacks.
Marshall opened up a 14-0 lead on a pair of A.J. Graham first half rushing touchdowns – the Herd’s first rushing touchdowns of the season. Graham led Marshall with 129 yards rushing on 20 attempts.
Rice cut into Marshall’s lead with a pair of Chris Boswell field goals before the Herd’s Tyler Warner ended the first half with a 45 yard field goal giving Marshall the 17-6 halftime lead.
The Owls took the lead on a pair of third quarter touchdowns. First quarterback Taylor McHargue hit Vance McDonald on a 49 yard touchdown strike, then running back Sam McGuffie capped off a 7 play, 79 yard drive with a 4 yard touchdown run.
For the game Rice outgained Marshall 361 to 328 yards but the Herd’s defense limited the Owls to just 2 of 12 third down conversions.