- "Hobbit" Dominates Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- MU Plays Northern Illinois in Boca Raton Bowl
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
- No Perfect Season; Marshall Loses in OT
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Deer Hunters in West Virginia harvest 37,277 bucks during the buck firearms season
Marshall Wins Homecoming Game Against Rice
The winning drive was set up when Vinny Curry forced a fumble of running back Sam McGuffie setting the Herd up on the Owls 23 yard line. Curry finished the game with nine tackles, four for a loss with three and a half sacks.
Marshall opened up a 14-0 lead on a pair of A.J. Graham first half rushing touchdowns – the Herd’s first rushing touchdowns of the season. Graham led Marshall with 129 yards rushing on 20 attempts.
Rice cut into Marshall’s lead with a pair of Chris Boswell field goals before the Herd’s Tyler Warner ended the first half with a 45 yard field goal giving Marshall the 17-6 halftime lead.
The Owls took the lead on a pair of third quarter touchdowns. First quarterback Taylor McHargue hit Vance McDonald on a 49 yard touchdown strike, then running back Sam McGuffie capped off a 7 play, 79 yard drive with a 4 yard touchdown run.
For the game Rice outgained Marshall 361 to 328 yards but the Herd’s defense limited the Owls to just 2 of 12 third down conversions.