- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Tsubasacon Friday IMAGES
- Tsubasacon Coming This Weekend
- Department of Modern Language’s Japanese program to host Japan Day
- $230,000 water infrastructure replacement project will replace a critical 16-inch Barboursville transmission line
- Marshall University Forensic Identification Association to host Women’s Expo at Pullman Square
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- Rep. Jenkins: Court Pushes Back Overreaching EPA Regs
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- 21 Year Old Reported Missing in Huntington
Marshall Wins Homecoming Game Against Rice
The winning drive was set up when Vinny Curry forced a fumble of running back Sam McGuffie setting the Herd up on the Owls 23 yard line. Curry finished the game with nine tackles, four for a loss with three and a half sacks.
Marshall opened up a 14-0 lead on a pair of A.J. Graham first half rushing touchdowns – the Herd’s first rushing touchdowns of the season. Graham led Marshall with 129 yards rushing on 20 attempts.
Rice cut into Marshall’s lead with a pair of Chris Boswell field goals before the Herd’s Tyler Warner ended the first half with a 45 yard field goal giving Marshall the 17-6 halftime lead.
The Owls took the lead on a pair of third quarter touchdowns. First quarterback Taylor McHargue hit Vance McDonald on a 49 yard touchdown strike, then running back Sam McGuffie capped off a 7 play, 79 yard drive with a 4 yard touchdown run.
For the game Rice outgained Marshall 361 to 328 yards but the Herd’s defense limited the Owls to just 2 of 12 third down conversions.