- Hunyington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Stories of Homelessness
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Spin Offs of Harry Potter, Star Wars Will Greet Holiday Moviegoers
- 2,200 Attended Tsubasacon Which Wrapped Up Sunday IMAGES
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Former Director of Safety Town Cannot Be Located; Court Seeks to Serve Defendant in Molestation Complaint
The current complaint alleges that the three girls had been inappropriately touched by the defendant during field trips to Safety Town in 2009 and 2010. The miniature city is located at 1308 Memorial Park Drive.
Co-defendants include the Cabell County Board of Education and the City of Huntington (of which Safety Town is a division).
Jedd Flowers, spokesperson for the Cabell County Board of Education, responded in June 2011 that “We’ve reviewed the case and we’re confident the Board of Education followed all proper procedures,” he said. “When the allegations were presented, Child Protective Services officials were notified. They conducted an investigation and the allegations were not substantiated by them.”
During the 2000 financial crisis Safety Town had been closed by the City of Huntington. Cpl. Maynard was among the officers laid off by then Mayor David Fellinton.
After the crisis Safety Town was reopened and Maynard reinstated as its director. In 2008, Maynard was one of 17 individuals and companies recognized for their work on behalf of the governor's highway safety program.
(Editor's Note: A civil complaint outlines grievance(s) against one or more defendants. The litigation process seeks to determine both the law and facts as applied to the complaint. If a settlement is not reached or if one or all defendants are not dismissed on legal precedent regarding holdings of higher courts, then, the case goes to a jury for determination of liability and amount of damages.)