- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- Johnson, Hammers Recognized at White House for Combatting Drugs
- Skynyrd's One More for the Music Fans Due July 24
- WV AFL-CIO President Perdue: July 1 is now Pay Cut Day
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Katie DeHart Entertains at Pullman
- Florida Residents Visit Monster Chair
- BB&T continues support for capitalism center at Marshall with another gift of $100,000
- Four Huntington Heroin Arrests
Former Director of Safety Town Cannot Be Located; Court Seeks to Serve Defendant in Molestation Complaint
The current complaint alleges that the three girls had been inappropriately touched by the defendant during field trips to Safety Town in 2009 and 2010. The miniature city is located at 1308 Memorial Park Drive.
Co-defendants include the Cabell County Board of Education and the City of Huntington (of which Safety Town is a division).
Jedd Flowers, spokesperson for the Cabell County Board of Education, responded in June 2011 that “We’ve reviewed the case and we’re confident the Board of Education followed all proper procedures,” he said. “When the allegations were presented, Child Protective Services officials were notified. They conducted an investigation and the allegations were not substantiated by them.”
During the 2000 financial crisis Safety Town had been closed by the City of Huntington. Cpl. Maynard was among the officers laid off by then Mayor David Fellinton.
After the crisis Safety Town was reopened and Maynard reinstated as its director. In 2008, Maynard was one of 17 individuals and companies recognized for their work on behalf of the governor's highway safety program.
(Editor's Note: A civil complaint outlines grievance(s) against one or more defendants. The litigation process seeks to determine both the law and facts as applied to the complaint. If a settlement is not reached or if one or all defendants are not dismissed on legal precedent regarding holdings of higher courts, then, the case goes to a jury for determination of liability and amount of damages.)