- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Rhoden Family Members Make Plea for Tips in Pike County Murders of Loved Ones
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Southwest WV a Sacrifice Zone; Pipeline Comment Period Ends Today
- Three Huntington Walks with the Mayor This Week
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- AARP Partners for Money Smart Week Events
Vo chosen as May Resident of the Month
“Dr. Vo’s recognition is a first on two very special accounts,” Wehner said. “It is the first time that a Cabell Huntington Hospital (CHH) department has nominated someone for our resident of the month program. It is also the first time that a first-year resident has been selected for recognition.”
Wehner continued, “The department’s nomination said that Dr. Vo stands out among all of the residents from all of the other residents and fellows with whom they work. That in itself speaks volumes, especially for a first-year resident.”
In its nomination, the CHH Emergency Department acknowledged that Vo is “a special resident who has all the good qualities needed in a physician. He is very kind to patients, intelligent and extremely hard working. Dr. Vo is known for his ability to handle very stressful situations and keep his cheery outlook. He never complains even when being given a heavy work load in the middle of the night and treats all of the staff with kindness and respect. Dr. Vo is loved by all in our department.”
The St. George’s University School of Medicine graduate earned an undergraduate bachelor’s degree from St. Louis University in investigative medical science. He also pursued studies in molecular and cellular biology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. While in medical school, Vo received the Iota Epsilon Alpha International Honor Medical Society Award.
As part of his recognition as the May Resident of the Month, Vo will receive items including a certificate of recognition and a designated parking spot for the month.