- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Huntington's Been There, Done That; History Repeating Itself on Severe Shortfalls
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Huntington's Ultra Tight Fiscal Picture Slowly Leaks Outward
- Tamarack Foundation for the Arts to host Arts Business Think Tank
- W.Va. AG, Ohio AG DeWine Lead 13 States in Challenging Abusive Federal Mining Rule
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Award-winning authors to speak at A.E. Stringer Series
Vo chosen as May Resident of the Month
“Dr. Vo’s recognition is a first on two very special accounts,” Wehner said. “It is the first time that a Cabell Huntington Hospital (CHH) department has nominated someone for our resident of the month program. It is also the first time that a first-year resident has been selected for recognition.”
Wehner continued, “The department’s nomination said that Dr. Vo stands out among all of the residents from all of the other residents and fellows with whom they work. That in itself speaks volumes, especially for a first-year resident.”
In its nomination, the CHH Emergency Department acknowledged that Vo is “a special resident who has all the good qualities needed in a physician. He is very kind to patients, intelligent and extremely hard working. Dr. Vo is known for his ability to handle very stressful situations and keep his cheery outlook. He never complains even when being given a heavy work load in the middle of the night and treats all of the staff with kindness and respect. Dr. Vo is loved by all in our department.”
The St. George’s University School of Medicine graduate earned an undergraduate bachelor’s degree from St. Louis University in investigative medical science. He also pursued studies in molecular and cellular biology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. While in medical school, Vo received the Iota Epsilon Alpha International Honor Medical Society Award.
As part of his recognition as the May Resident of the Month, Vo will receive items including a certificate of recognition and a designated parking spot for the month.