- DEVELOPING ... 10,000 Estimated Addicted in Cabell County; Pennsylvania Encountering Stronger, Narcon Resistent Fentanyl
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Coca Cola Refuses to Admit Shareowners to Annual Meeting
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Drive By West Huntington Shooting Allegedly Drug Related
- FIRST GLANCE: "Circle"a Gradually Horrific Allegory for a Social Media Obsessed Society
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade IMAGES
- Beckley Con Benefits Women's Resource Center
Huntington Relies on Volunteers During Two Fires Sunday Evening
On their web page, Cabell 911 posted that the Barboursville VFD, Green Valley FD and Wayne County volunteer fire units would "stand by for area coverage since all HFD resources are depleted."
Huntington Professional Firefighters reflected the Cabell 911 post:
"Your Huntington Fire Fighters are on scene of one structure fire [Collis Avenue] which left only Engine 4 and Engine 8 to cover the City. While on scene of the first fire there are now reports of another structure fire [3300 block of Third Avenue]. Crews are being pulled off of the first fire before that scene is completed to respond to the second possible fire. On duty Deputy Chief called for volunteer companies to be placed on standby due to lack of on duty Huntington Fire Fighters."
Interim HFD fire chief Jan Rader had warned Huntington City Council during budget meetings earlier in March that with the present 22 on duty firefighters a simultaneous two fire scenario would likely exhaust available resources.
The fires were knocked down without further incident.
Huntington's firefighters recently turned down 75-3 a contract proposal from the city.