- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- Councilman Asks for Lawmarker Intervention after Detroit Fugitive Returns, Again Arrested in Huntington
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
Huntington Christmas Parade
Friday, December 2, 2011 - 00:41 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Ronald McDonald served at the grand parade marshal. High schools bands from Huntington High, Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Green and Ironton Ohio marched in the parade. Most parade participants had a Christmas theme or were decorated for the Christmas season. There were church groups, civic groups, businesses, dancers, trucks, fire departments, pageant winners, radio stations and television stations taking part. Santa Claus was also in the parade.
The parade lasted about 1 1/2 hours. At Pullman Square a count down was held and the Christmas tree lighted to the delight of children and families .