- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Holiday Garbage Pick Up Schedule Announced
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
Huntington Christmas Parade
Friday, December 2, 2011 - 00:41 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Ronald McDonald served at the grand parade marshal. High schools bands from Huntington High, Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Green and Ironton Ohio marched in the parade. Most parade participants had a Christmas theme or were decorated for the Christmas season. There were church groups, civic groups, businesses, dancers, trucks, fire departments, pageant winners, radio stations and television stations taking part. Santa Claus was also in the parade.
The parade lasted about 1 1/2 hours. At Pullman Square a count down was held and the Christmas tree lighted to the delight of children and families .