- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 25, 2015
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
Huntington Christmas Parade
Friday, December 2, 2011 - 00:41 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Ronald McDonald served at the grand parade marshal. High schools bands from Huntington High, Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Green and Ironton Ohio marched in the parade. Most parade participants had a Christmas theme or were decorated for the Christmas season. There were church groups, civic groups, businesses, dancers, trucks, fire departments, pageant winners, radio stations and television stations taking part. Santa Claus was also in the parade.
The parade lasted about 1 1/2 hours. At Pullman Square a count down was held and the Christmas tree lighted to the delight of children and families .