- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- NASCAR: Jeff Gordon wins record fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indy
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- DEVELOPING: Morris Building Fire Caused Elevator Shaft Collapse
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Lucky Us': Amy Bloom Hits a Home Run with a Funny Novel of Life in 1940's America -- With a Peek at Post-War Britain
- OP-ED: Some Thoughts on Provocation
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
Huntington Christmas Parade
Friday, December 2, 2011 - 00:41 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Ronald McDonald served at the grand parade marshal. High schools bands from Huntington High, Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Green and Ironton Ohio marched in the parade. Most parade participants had a Christmas theme or were decorated for the Christmas season. There were church groups, civic groups, businesses, dancers, trucks, fire departments, pageant winners, radio stations and television stations taking part. Santa Claus was also in the parade.
The parade lasted about 1 1/2 hours. At Pullman Square a count down was held and the Christmas tree lighted to the delight of children and families .