- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- Marshall Men’s Basketball Hires Dan D’Antoni as Head Coach
- Professional Salaries Discussed During Huntington Council Work Session
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- Green Day’s American Idiot to Invade the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center
IMAGE GALLERY: Akron Drops Lackluster Marshall
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 - 22:39 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Akron was 11-31 for 35.5% in the first half and then came back to shoot 17-30 in the second half for 56.7% for a game total of 28-61 and 45.9%. Marshall in comparison was 22-58 for 37.9%.
From the three point line Akron was 6-15 for 40% to Marshall's 2-11 for 18.2%. From the foul line Akron was 50% to Marshall's 31.3%.
The New Years Day game brought an attendance of 6,063 making it the second largest attendance of the season. Marshall fans were disappointed the Herd did not play up to their usual level.
The bright spot for Marshall was when Shaquille Johnson hit the 1,000 point mark when he made a lay-up shot with 13:25 left in the game. Johnson finished the game with 11 points.
The 4 PM start was delayed because of basketball net problems. Both nets were worked on. The game did not start until 5:05 PM.
Marshall is 9-4 and Akron is 8-6 for the season as we move into 2012.