- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- BOOK NOTES: Book Signing Saturday Features Authors of 'Pretty Little Killers'
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
IMAGE GALLERY: Akron Drops Lackluster Marshall
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 - 22:39 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Akron was 11-31 for 35.5% in the first half and then came back to shoot 17-30 in the second half for 56.7% for a game total of 28-61 and 45.9%. Marshall in comparison was 22-58 for 37.9%.
From the three point line Akron was 6-15 for 40% to Marshall's 2-11 for 18.2%. From the foul line Akron was 50% to Marshall's 31.3%.
The New Years Day game brought an attendance of 6,063 making it the second largest attendance of the season. Marshall fans were disappointed the Herd did not play up to their usual level.
The bright spot for Marshall was when Shaquille Johnson hit the 1,000 point mark when he made a lay-up shot with 13:25 left in the game. Johnson finished the game with 11 points.
The 4 PM start was delayed because of basketball net problems. Both nets were worked on. The game did not start until 5:05 PM.
Marshall is 9-4 and Akron is 8-6 for the season as we move into 2012.