- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: In Guyana: Political Negotiations an Opportunity for Real Democracy
- Team Penske sweeps Sprint Cup front row for second straight week
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
IMAGE GALLERY: Akron Drops Lackluster Marshall
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 - 22:39 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Akron was 11-31 for 35.5% in the first half and then came back to shoot 17-30 in the second half for 56.7% for a game total of 28-61 and 45.9%. Marshall in comparison was 22-58 for 37.9%.
From the three point line Akron was 6-15 for 40% to Marshall's 2-11 for 18.2%. From the foul line Akron was 50% to Marshall's 31.3%.
The New Years Day game brought an attendance of 6,063 making it the second largest attendance of the season. Marshall fans were disappointed the Herd did not play up to their usual level.
The bright spot for Marshall was when Shaquille Johnson hit the 1,000 point mark when he made a lay-up shot with 13:25 left in the game. Johnson finished the game with 11 points.
The 4 PM start was delayed because of basketball net problems. Both nets were worked on. The game did not start until 5:05 PM.
Marshall is 9-4 and Akron is 8-6 for the season as we move into 2012.