- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates On Six Week Streak Higher
- Cabell County Schools Announce "Full Day" Policy
- DVD Review: 'The Typewriter in the 21st Century': Reports of Its Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 17, 2013
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey to Assess Abortion Regulations in WV
- HMDA Approves Two-Tier Keith Albee Donation
- ANWAG Applauds House of Representatives for Support of Sick Nuclear Workers
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Heist' Cleverly Channels Elements of TV Show 'White Collar' and Theatrical Movies 'The Thomas Crown Affair'
- Sesquicentennial Celebration in Ritter Park Thursday
- OP-ED: No need for a Trade War between Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago
IMAGE GALLERY: Akron Drops Lackluster Marshall
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 - 22:39 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Akron was 11-31 for 35.5% in the first half and then came back to shoot 17-30 in the second half for 56.7% for a game total of 28-61 and 45.9%. Marshall in comparison was 22-58 for 37.9%.
From the three point line Akron was 6-15 for 40% to Marshall's 2-11 for 18.2%. From the foul line Akron was 50% to Marshall's 31.3%.
The New Years Day game brought an attendance of 6,063 making it the second largest attendance of the season. Marshall fans were disappointed the Herd did not play up to their usual level.
The bright spot for Marshall was when Shaquille Johnson hit the 1,000 point mark when he made a lay-up shot with 13:25 left in the game. Johnson finished the game with 11 points.
The 4 PM start was delayed because of basketball net problems. Both nets were worked on. The game did not start until 5:05 PM.
Marshall is 9-4 and Akron is 8-6 for the season as we move into 2012.