- Shots Fired Near Marshall Campus
- Charleston heroin dealer pleads guilty to federal charge
- Huntington Police Arrest Two on Drug Charges
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- Religion and Courts Clashing in Rowan County
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- New Downtown Huntington Furniture Store Cuts Ribbon
- Herd supporters encouraged to participate in Green Fridays
IMAGE GALLERY: Akron Drops Lackluster Marshall
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 - 22:39 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Akron was 11-31 for 35.5% in the first half and then came back to shoot 17-30 in the second half for 56.7% for a game total of 28-61 and 45.9%. Marshall in comparison was 22-58 for 37.9%.
From the three point line Akron was 6-15 for 40% to Marshall's 2-11 for 18.2%. From the foul line Akron was 50% to Marshall's 31.3%.
The New Years Day game brought an attendance of 6,063 making it the second largest attendance of the season. Marshall fans were disappointed the Herd did not play up to their usual level.
The bright spot for Marshall was when Shaquille Johnson hit the 1,000 point mark when he made a lay-up shot with 13:25 left in the game. Johnson finished the game with 11 points.
The 4 PM start was delayed because of basketball net problems. Both nets were worked on. The game did not start until 5:05 PM.
Marshall is 9-4 and Akron is 8-6 for the season as we move into 2012.