- Former Mayor Kim Wolfe Breaks Silence; Williams Takes Credit for Foundations Laid in Wolfe Administration
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- DEVELOPING.... Proposed Council Action Likely Wound Increase Movie Ticket Costs for Adults and Children
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Barboursville Holds Christmas Parade; Santa, Elsa, Marching Bands IMAGES
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Mayor Williams Thanks Mayor Wolfe
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
IMAGE GALLERY: Here's a Good Food Fight
Sunday, January 8, 2012 - 21:36 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Willis and Walker both walked in to greet their fans. They took their seats behind a large stack of their new books, "Winning the Food Fight."
The line of fans started snatching up the books with Willis signing first and then Walker signing. It appeared many were signed with personal messages to their new readers from Willis and Walker.
There were hugs, handshakes and words of congratulations. Many fans had their photos taken with Willis and Walker. WSAZ-TV was recording the event for their news cast that evening.
The writing of "Winning the Food Fight," was inspired by Chef Jamie Oliver's recent visit to Huntington where healthy eating habits were encouraged. The book promotes a healthy eating life style bringing spiritual wellness and physical health together.
Steve Willis is Pastor at the First Baptist Church of Kenova. Ken Walker from Huntington is a veteran writer of books and magazine articles for many regional and national publications.
The authors scheduled appearance was from 6 PM to 8:30 PM. Right before 8 PM people were still coming in to purchase a book and have it signed. The stack of books that were there before the signing had dwindled down during the evening.
A check at Amazon.com on Sunday (January 8) about 9 PM showed there were only 12 copies left of "Winning the Food Fight." The book has been given a five star rating from from five reviewers and a four star rating by another reviewer.
Empire Books and News at Pullman Square in Huntington that hosted the author signing has "Winning the Food Fight," in stock and available for sale.