- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- Four Sentenced on Heroin Charges in Beckley
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
IMAGE GALLERY: Here's a Good Food Fight
Sunday, January 8, 2012 - 21:36 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Willis and Walker both walked in to greet their fans. They took their seats behind a large stack of their new books, "Winning the Food Fight."
The line of fans started snatching up the books with Willis signing first and then Walker signing. It appeared many were signed with personal messages to their new readers from Willis and Walker.
There were hugs, handshakes and words of congratulations. Many fans had their photos taken with Willis and Walker. WSAZ-TV was recording the event for their news cast that evening.
The writing of "Winning the Food Fight," was inspired by Chef Jamie Oliver's recent visit to Huntington where healthy eating habits were encouraged. The book promotes a healthy eating life style bringing spiritual wellness and physical health together.
Steve Willis is Pastor at the First Baptist Church of Kenova. Ken Walker from Huntington is a veteran writer of books and magazine articles for many regional and national publications.
The authors scheduled appearance was from 6 PM to 8:30 PM. Right before 8 PM people were still coming in to purchase a book and have it signed. The stack of books that were there before the signing had dwindled down during the evening.
A check at Amazon.com on Sunday (January 8) about 9 PM showed there were only 12 copies left of "Winning the Food Fight." The book has been given a five star rating from from five reviewers and a four star rating by another reviewer.
Empire Books and News at Pullman Square in Huntington that hosted the author signing has "Winning the Food Fight," in stock and available for sale.