- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Bernie Packs Huntington's Big Sandy; Hillary and Trump Win Big IMAGES
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- More than 1,700 to graduate from Marshall University May 7
- AG DeWine Sues Out-of-State Telemarketer for Misleading Ohioans about Computer Virus
- U.S. Attorney's Office announces collection sites for DEA's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Huntington YMCA‘s Free Healthy Kids Day® on April 30th Aims to Help Kids Exercise Minds and Bodies
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
IMAGE GALLERY: UAB Defeats Herd for Third Straight Loss
Friday, January 27, 2012 - 01:08 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
UAB kept strong defensive pressure on the Herd always trying to have a hand in the face or near fighting for the ball. Marshall did have shots for the basket, but they did not go in. It was a rough night for Marshall. They were 19-54 for 35.2% in field goal shooting, 4-19 for 21.1% in three point shooting and 7-17 for 41.2% in free throws.
UAB was 21-52 for 40.4% in field goal shooting, 3-13 for 23.1% from the three point line and 11-19 for 57.9% in free throws.
Marshall is 13-7 overall and 4-2 in Conference USA. UAB is 7-12 overall and 2-4 in Conference USA. The Herd this Saturday (Jan. 28) takes on nationally ranked Memphis in Memphis at 7 PM.