- Cabell County Schools Announce "Full Day" Policy
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates On Six Week Streak Higher
- DVD Review: 'The Typewriter in the 21st Century': Reports of Its Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
- HMDA Approves Two-Tier Keith Albee Donation
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey to Assess Abortion Regulations in WV
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 17, 2013
- Corps of Engineers Announces Awards
- Sesquicentennial Celebration in Ritter Park Thursday
- FNC Index: Rise in Home Prices Picks up in April
- ANWAG Applauds House of Representatives for Support of Sick Nuclear Workers
IMAGE GALLERY: UAB Defeats Herd for Third Straight Loss
Friday, January 27, 2012 - 01:08 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
UAB kept strong defensive pressure on the Herd always trying to have a hand in the face or near fighting for the ball. Marshall did have shots for the basket, but they did not go in. It was a rough night for Marshall. They were 19-54 for 35.2% in field goal shooting, 4-19 for 21.1% in three point shooting and 7-17 for 41.2% in free throws.
UAB was 21-52 for 40.4% in field goal shooting, 3-13 for 23.1% from the three point line and 11-19 for 57.9% in free throws.
Marshall is 13-7 overall and 4-2 in Conference USA. UAB is 7-12 overall and 2-4 in Conference USA. The Herd this Saturday (Jan. 28) takes on nationally ranked Memphis in Memphis at 7 PM.