- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Yale Law School professor featured speaker as Amicus Curiae series begins at Marshall University
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
IMAGE GALLERY: UAB Defeats Herd for Third Straight Loss
Friday, January 27, 2012 - 01:08 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
UAB kept strong defensive pressure on the Herd always trying to have a hand in the face or near fighting for the ball. Marshall did have shots for the basket, but they did not go in. It was a rough night for Marshall. They were 19-54 for 35.2% in field goal shooting, 4-19 for 21.1% in three point shooting and 7-17 for 41.2% in free throws.
UAB was 21-52 for 40.4% in field goal shooting, 3-13 for 23.1% from the three point line and 11-19 for 57.9% in free throws.
Marshall is 13-7 overall and 4-2 in Conference USA. UAB is 7-12 overall and 2-4 in Conference USA. The Herd this Saturday (Jan. 28) takes on nationally ranked Memphis in Memphis at 7 PM.