- COLUMN: Ironton Native Describes Hollywood Bubble
- Marshall Women’s Studies to present ‘Body Shots’ March 3
- Mukherjee appointed dean of Lewis College of Business
- Affrilachian Poet Crystal Good Next on City Hall Lecture Series
- Flashback Series Continues at Marquee
- Film Submissions Open for NYC Horror Fest
- Huntington's McElroy Brothers Celebrate Series Debut
- Detroit man sentenced to 10 years; Huntington drug dealer sentenced to over three years
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
IMAGE GALLERY: UAB Defeats Herd for Third Straight Loss
Friday, January 27, 2012 - 01:08 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
UAB kept strong defensive pressure on the Herd always trying to have a hand in the face or near fighting for the ball. Marshall did have shots for the basket, but they did not go in. It was a rough night for Marshall. They were 19-54 for 35.2% in field goal shooting, 4-19 for 21.1% in three point shooting and 7-17 for 41.2% in free throws.
UAB was 21-52 for 40.4% in field goal shooting, 3-13 for 23.1% from the three point line and 11-19 for 57.9% in free throws.
Marshall is 13-7 overall and 4-2 in Conference USA. UAB is 7-12 overall and 2-4 in Conference USA. The Herd this Saturday (Jan. 28) takes on nationally ranked Memphis in Memphis at 7 PM.