- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- Legislative Funding Cut Will Lead to Closure of West Virginia Poison Center
- Moody's Raises Huntington Bond Rating
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Hayes, Littlepage Honored for Contributions to 'Grass Roots' Huntington Art Walk
- Kyle Patton HPD Officer of the Year
IMAGE GALLERY: MU Women Triumph Over Rice
Friday, February 3, 2012 - 03:18 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
For Marshall it was a team effort with every player seeing some playing time. For Marshall's Alaya Mitchell it was her best game to date as a Herd player. She led her team with 16 points scoring 6-11 from field goals and was a perfect 4-4 at the foul line. She also had 3 defensive rebounds.
In the Conference USA race Marshall was ninth and Rice was in fourth place. Another challenge comes this Sunday (Feb. 5) at 1 PM when third place UAB comes to town. UTEP is in first place in Conference USA with an 8-0 mark and 19-2 overall. Memphis is in second place with an 8-1 Conference USA mark and 16-4 overall. With the Rice win Marshall is 4-4 in Conference USA and 13-8 overall. Rice is 5-4 in Conference USA and 11-11 overall.