- Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- DuPont and Chemours to hold AGMs without addressing growing C-8 issue in U.S., Europe, and Asia
- Greenbrier County man pleads guilty to Federal crime involving oxycodone
- Huntington advances to finals of America’s Best Communities competition
- ANALYSIS: Efficency versus Dissent Collides at Council Meeting
- Renewable Energy in West Virginia: Projects and Prospects subject of 2016 conference in Huntington
- Movie about terrorism told by 9/11 survivors and veterans being filmed in West Virginia.
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- Marshall University Forensic Science Program hosts Forensic Science Research Day
- Marshall to host ‘George Rashid: The Leper of Pickens’ documentary film screening April 28
IMAGE GALLERY: MU Women Triumph Over Rice
Friday, February 3, 2012 - 03:18 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
For Marshall it was a team effort with every player seeing some playing time. For Marshall's Alaya Mitchell it was her best game to date as a Herd player. She led her team with 16 points scoring 6-11 from field goals and was a perfect 4-4 at the foul line. She also had 3 defensive rebounds.
In the Conference USA race Marshall was ninth and Rice was in fourth place. Another challenge comes this Sunday (Feb. 5) at 1 PM when third place UAB comes to town. UTEP is in first place in Conference USA with an 8-0 mark and 19-2 overall. Memphis is in second place with an 8-1 Conference USA mark and 16-4 overall. With the Rice win Marshall is 4-4 in Conference USA and 13-8 overall. Rice is 5-4 in Conference USA and 11-11 overall.