- Cabell County Schools Announce "Full Day" Policy
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates On Six Week Streak Higher
- DVD Review: 'The Typewriter in the 21st Century': Reports of Its Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 17, 2013
- HMDA Approves Two-Tier Keith Albee Donation
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey to Assess Abortion Regulations in WV
- Corps of Engineers Announces Awards
- Sesquicentennial Celebration in Ritter Park Thursday
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Heist' Cleverly Channels Elements of TV Show 'White Collar' and Theatrical Movies 'The Thomas Crown Affair'
- Wire Thief Still on Loose
DEVELOPING… BUDGET HEARING: Council Restores Constituent Services Liaison Position; At Least Temporarily Withholds $100,000 Contribution to Animal Shelter
The purpose of withholding the money at this time is to bring all parties to the table for discussions on improving the services provided by the shelter.
Further, Huntington’s council is concerned that it is the only municipality that contributes funds to the shelter, yet other cities and towns are served.
In addition, after a lengthy discussion, council has referred to the finance committee a challenge to determine if further cuts can be made in the Police and Fire Departments and allocate it to paving.