- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Jamming at Jewel City Jamboree
Softball Wins Game One of the Season, 4-1
Thanks a strong pitching performance from starting pitcher Andi Williamson and a go ahead home run from starting third baseman Jazmine Valle, Marshall won their first game of the year.
Georgia Southern (1-0) was able to score first after an error from Valle in the third inning. However, the Thundering Herd would respond with two runs each in the fourth and fifth innings.
Alysia Hively got things started in the fourth with a single and the next pitch later, Valle smacked a homer over the left center fence to take a 2-1 lead. In the next inning Melissa Loesing would get on base via a bunt single then would score off a wild pitch.
A sacrifice fly from Hively would advance Alianna Telles to home to extend the lead to 4-1. The Herd’s three run lead would stay intact thanks to strong pitching from Williamson. During seven innings of work, she struck out seven while allowing seven hits.
She also held the Eagles to no runs in the last three innings of the game when Georgia Southern left a total of seven runners on base.
Marshall(1-0) is back in action later this evening when they take on George Mason. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.