- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- MU Theatre Announces Season, Ticket Specials
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- Ritter Live, We Are Marshall Flick Open September
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Dancer in the Dust': A Marvelous African Love Story
- Marshall Launches New Gameday Mobile Application
Softball Wins Game One of the Season, 4-1
Thanks a strong pitching performance from starting pitcher Andi Williamson and a go ahead home run from starting third baseman Jazmine Valle, Marshall won their first game of the year.
Georgia Southern (1-0) was able to score first after an error from Valle in the third inning. However, the Thundering Herd would respond with two runs each in the fourth and fifth innings.
Alysia Hively got things started in the fourth with a single and the next pitch later, Valle smacked a homer over the left center fence to take a 2-1 lead. In the next inning Melissa Loesing would get on base via a bunt single then would score off a wild pitch.
A sacrifice fly from Hively would advance Alianna Telles to home to extend the lead to 4-1. The Herd’s three run lead would stay intact thanks to strong pitching from Williamson. During seven innings of work, she struck out seven while allowing seven hits.
She also held the Eagles to no runs in the last three innings of the game when Georgia Southern left a total of seven runners on base.
Marshall(1-0) is back in action later this evening when they take on George Mason. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.