- Huntington Council Hears Preparation for School and Stanford Park Road Repair Ordinance
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- BREAKING : Ft. Myers Shooting
- W.Va. AG Announces Savings Generated By Disability Fraud Unit
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- FLASHBACK: Catch a Delorean Ride Back to the Future
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Receiving Stolen Property
- International Ballet Workshop, Performance Announced in September
Softball Wins Game One of the Season, 4-1
Thanks a strong pitching performance from starting pitcher Andi Williamson and a go ahead home run from starting third baseman Jazmine Valle, Marshall won their first game of the year.
Georgia Southern (1-0) was able to score first after an error from Valle in the third inning. However, the Thundering Herd would respond with two runs each in the fourth and fifth innings.
Alysia Hively got things started in the fourth with a single and the next pitch later, Valle smacked a homer over the left center fence to take a 2-1 lead. In the next inning Melissa Loesing would get on base via a bunt single then would score off a wild pitch.
A sacrifice fly from Hively would advance Alianna Telles to home to extend the lead to 4-1. The Herd’s three run lead would stay intact thanks to strong pitching from Williamson. During seven innings of work, she struck out seven while allowing seven hits.
She also held the Eagles to no runs in the last three innings of the game when Georgia Southern left a total of seven runners on base.
Marshall(1-0) is back in action later this evening when they take on George Mason. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.