- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- Obama Administration Approves NCLB Flexibility Requests for Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota, New York and South Carolina
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monday, Monday': Three Survivors of Mass Campus Shooting and Their Lives Unfolding Over Four Decades
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Commonwealth Business Council is Dead: Will a Bankable Entity Arise?
- Perry's Honored; Artisan Cafe to Open
Marshall Wins Over East Carolina
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 02:20 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
When Marshall's legendary Hal Greer came into the arena before the game and was recognized was greeted with many people standing, cameras taking his picture and applause.. Greer is listed as one of the best fifty players to ever play in the NBA.
Marshall led East Carolina 36-35 at the intermission. Marshall in the second period started to pull away at about the ten minute mark taking a 54-52 lead. In four minutes Marshall had a 67-53 lead and never looked back.
Marshall's Damier Pitts led all scorers with 27 points. Marshall shot 27-50 in field goals for 54%. They were 10-20 for 50% from the three point line and made 14-18 in free throws for 77.8%.
East Carolina was 23-43 in field goal shooting for 53.5%. In three point shooting East Carolina was 10-19 for 52.6% and 12-15 in free throw shooting for 80%.
Marshall travels to SMU on Feb. 18 and then returns home to play Houston on Feb. 22 and Memphis on Feb. 25.