- UPDATED: State Audit 2015 Statement; Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governoring Sick Leave Payments
- Portion of Downtown Floodwall Shifting Possibly Due to Sink Hole Near Pump Station
- Professor receives $350,000 National Science Foundation research grant
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- CFPB Sues Texas Company for Sham Credit Card; Union Workers Credit Services Also Duped Consumers Into Thinking the Company Was Affiliated With Unions
Marshall Wins Over East Carolina
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 02:20 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
When Marshall's legendary Hal Greer came into the arena before the game and was recognized was greeted with many people standing, cameras taking his picture and applause.. Greer is listed as one of the best fifty players to ever play in the NBA.
Marshall led East Carolina 36-35 at the intermission. Marshall in the second period started to pull away at about the ten minute mark taking a 54-52 lead. In four minutes Marshall had a 67-53 lead and never looked back.
Marshall's Damier Pitts led all scorers with 27 points. Marshall shot 27-50 in field goals for 54%. They were 10-20 for 50% from the three point line and made 14-18 in free throws for 77.8%.
East Carolina was 23-43 in field goal shooting for 53.5%. In three point shooting East Carolina was 10-19 for 52.6% and 12-15 in free throw shooting for 80%.
Marshall travels to SMU on Feb. 18 and then returns home to play Houston on Feb. 22 and Memphis on Feb. 25.