- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Flooding Closes Greenbrier
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Flooding Brings State of Emergency for 44 WV Counties
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
- Huntington Police Report Burglary, Possession, Overdose
- Senate President Bill Cole Urges Caution During State of Emergency
Marshall Wins Over East Carolina
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 02:20 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
When Marshall's legendary Hal Greer came into the arena before the game and was recognized was greeted with many people standing, cameras taking his picture and applause.. Greer is listed as one of the best fifty players to ever play in the NBA.
Marshall led East Carolina 36-35 at the intermission. Marshall in the second period started to pull away at about the ten minute mark taking a 54-52 lead. In four minutes Marshall had a 67-53 lead and never looked back.
Marshall's Damier Pitts led all scorers with 27 points. Marshall shot 27-50 in field goals for 54%. They were 10-20 for 50% from the three point line and made 14-18 in free throws for 77.8%.
East Carolina was 23-43 in field goal shooting for 53.5%. In three point shooting East Carolina was 10-19 for 52.6% and 12-15 in free throw shooting for 80%.
Marshall travels to SMU on Feb. 18 and then returns home to play Houston on Feb. 22 and Memphis on Feb. 25.