- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- CD REVIEW: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Releases All-Sibelius Album Featuring Symphony No. 6 in D Minor, Symphony No. 7 in C Major and Tone Poem 'Tapiola'
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- United States Mint Announces 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coin Designs
Marshall Wins Over East Carolina
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 02:20 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
When Marshall's legendary Hal Greer came into the arena before the game and was recognized was greeted with many people standing, cameras taking his picture and applause.. Greer is listed as one of the best fifty players to ever play in the NBA.
Marshall led East Carolina 36-35 at the intermission. Marshall in the second period started to pull away at about the ten minute mark taking a 54-52 lead. In four minutes Marshall had a 67-53 lead and never looked back.
Marshall's Damier Pitts led all scorers with 27 points. Marshall shot 27-50 in field goals for 54%. They were 10-20 for 50% from the three point line and made 14-18 in free throws for 77.8%.
East Carolina was 23-43 in field goal shooting for 53.5%. In three point shooting East Carolina was 10-19 for 52.6% and 12-15 in free throw shooting for 80%.
Marshall travels to SMU on Feb. 18 and then returns home to play Houston on Feb. 22 and Memphis on Feb. 25.