- Guyandotte River Readied for Huntington Drinking Water Supply
- Testing Shows Presence of Toxin in Ohio River above Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- School of Medicine recognizes Drs. Joseph B. and Omayma T. Touma for diversity efforts
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- U.S.: New Home Sales Fall 1.6% in November
Marshall Wins Over East Carolina
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 02:20 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
When Marshall's legendary Hal Greer came into the arena before the game and was recognized was greeted with many people standing, cameras taking his picture and applause.. Greer is listed as one of the best fifty players to ever play in the NBA.
Marshall led East Carolina 36-35 at the intermission. Marshall in the second period started to pull away at about the ten minute mark taking a 54-52 lead. In four minutes Marshall had a 67-53 lead and never looked back.
Marshall's Damier Pitts led all scorers with 27 points. Marshall shot 27-50 in field goals for 54%. They were 10-20 for 50% from the three point line and made 14-18 in free throws for 77.8%.
East Carolina was 23-43 in field goal shooting for 53.5%. In three point shooting East Carolina was 10-19 for 52.6% and 12-15 in free throw shooting for 80%.
Marshall travels to SMU on Feb. 18 and then returns home to play Houston on Feb. 22 and Memphis on Feb. 25.