- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- School of Pharmacy receives grant from Walgreens for diversity initiatives
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- Cabell Huntington Hospital/SEIU Local 1199 employees contribute to United Way
- Pro-Life Leaders Cole and Armstead to Address Pro Life Crowd
- Cabell County Schools Announces 2016 Middle and High School Math Field Day Winners
Marshall Wins Over East Carolina
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 02:20 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
When Marshall's legendary Hal Greer came into the arena before the game and was recognized was greeted with many people standing, cameras taking his picture and applause.. Greer is listed as one of the best fifty players to ever play in the NBA.
Marshall led East Carolina 36-35 at the intermission. Marshall in the second period started to pull away at about the ten minute mark taking a 54-52 lead. In four minutes Marshall had a 67-53 lead and never looked back.
Marshall's Damier Pitts led all scorers with 27 points. Marshall shot 27-50 in field goals for 54%. They were 10-20 for 50% from the three point line and made 14-18 in free throws for 77.8%.
East Carolina was 23-43 in field goal shooting for 53.5%. In three point shooting East Carolina was 10-19 for 52.6% and 12-15 in free throw shooting for 80%.
Marshall travels to SMU on Feb. 18 and then returns home to play Houston on Feb. 22 and Memphis on Feb. 25.