- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Man Arrives at Huntington Hospital Shot in Both Legs
- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- Donald Sutherland Warns Young People to Question Authority
- COLUMN: STEM Success in the Mountain State
- Marshall Artists Series and The Huntington Symphony Orchestra team up for Disney In Concert
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- Coffee with a Cop Returns Dec. 2
IMAGE GALLERY: Marshall's Women's Basketball Topples Big M
Friday, February 17, 2012 - 23:11 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Memphis was 19-5 and second at 9-2 in Conference USA. Marshall was 13-11 and 4-7 in Conference USA for ninth place.
Close to everything was going right for Marshall in the second period. Marshall came back strong to tie the game at 30-30 with 17:42 left. Then Marshall continued with strong defense and offense to take a 23 point lead of 59-36 with 8:22 left. That was an incredible Herd run of 31 points while holding a strong Memphis team to only 6 points. All that happened in just 11 minutes and 38 seconds.
Memphis tried to over come the 23 point lead, but it was to late. With some fouling and some offense Memphis was able to cut the Marshall lead down to 11 as the time ran out with Marshall winning 65-54.
Coach Royce Chadwick was so excited about the win he brought the whole team in to the press conference instead of the usual two or three players. A group of girls that was in attendance was also at the press conference. "I knew we were capable of playing this way all season. Tonight we got it going. This was a total team effort from top to bottom," Chadwick said.
Every Marshall player did get some playing time. Thirty six points came from the bench. Rashedah Henriques led Marshall scorers with 11 points.
With the Memphis win a new confidence for Marshall was evident this night. Afterwards an autograph session ensued with Marshall basktball players signing autographs on backs of shirts and getting their photos taken with their fans.