- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- MOUNTAINEER CHALLENGE ACADEMY: Free Military School Better Option Than Dropping Out
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Begins Accepting Consumer Complaints on Prepaid Cards, Additional Nonbank Products; Nonbank Products Include Debt Settlement and Credit Repair Services, Pawn and Title Loans
- FNC Index: Home Prices Pick Up Momentum
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program again ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
IMAGE GALLERY: Marshall Women Fall to East Carolina in OT
Monday, February 27, 2012 - 00:59 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
The East Carolina and Marshall game stayed close all afternoon with the score tied eight times and a lead change of eleven times. Marshall was leading 28-25 at the intermission.
Marshall could not put East Carolina away. East Carolina stayed within five points of the Herd most of the game and tied Marshall 54-54 with 1:05 left then took a 56-54 lead with 31 seconds left. Marshall's Lateidra Elliott tied the game 56-56 in the second intermission with a jumper to send the game into overtime.
Marshall had to fight back again being down 60-56 with 4:06 left in overtime to tie the game 60-60 with 43 seconds left . Marshall took a 62-60 lead from some free throw shooting with 14 seconds remaining.
East Carolina's Shala Hodges countered that with a three pointer that gave East Carolina the 63-62 overtime win. With 3.7 seconds left Marshall's Lateidra Elliott was rushed to try for a three point attempt that failed failed.
Marshall Coach Royce Chadwick remarked that if there was one more second on the clock that Elliott's shot would likely have gone in.
Marshall is 15-13 overall and 6-9 in Conference USA. East Carolina is 10-19 overall and 4-11 in Conference USA.
During the intermission children and young adults from the Challenger Program performed. The Challenger Program is for young adults and children with special needs to encourage healthy activity that will improve physical fitness and personal growth with fun and friendships.