- Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- Artists Series includes 'Breakfast Club' star Molly Ringwald
- Council Affirms Resolution Authorizing Water Quality Board to Enter Nearly $900,000 Dollar Street Cleaning Contract with Columbus Firm
- MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest Weekly Survey
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
IMAGE GALLERY: Marshall Women Fall to East Carolina in OT
Monday, February 27, 2012 - 00:59 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
The East Carolina and Marshall game stayed close all afternoon with the score tied eight times and a lead change of eleven times. Marshall was leading 28-25 at the intermission.
Marshall could not put East Carolina away. East Carolina stayed within five points of the Herd most of the game and tied Marshall 54-54 with 1:05 left then took a 56-54 lead with 31 seconds left. Marshall's Lateidra Elliott tied the game 56-56 in the second intermission with a jumper to send the game into overtime.
Marshall had to fight back again being down 60-56 with 4:06 left in overtime to tie the game 60-60 with 43 seconds left . Marshall took a 62-60 lead from some free throw shooting with 14 seconds remaining.
East Carolina's Shala Hodges countered that with a three pointer that gave East Carolina the 63-62 overtime win. With 3.7 seconds left Marshall's Lateidra Elliott was rushed to try for a three point attempt that failed failed.
Marshall Coach Royce Chadwick remarked that if there was one more second on the clock that Elliott's shot would likely have gone in.
Marshall is 15-13 overall and 6-9 in Conference USA. East Carolina is 10-19 overall and 4-11 in Conference USA.
During the intermission children and young adults from the Challenger Program performed. The Challenger Program is for young adults and children with special needs to encourage healthy activity that will improve physical fitness and personal growth with fun and friendships.