- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade IMAGES
- Coca Cola Refuses to Admit Shareowners to Annual Meeting
- Drive By West Huntington Shooting Allegedly Drug Related
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hillary Concentrates on Substance Abuse at Charleston Forum IMAGES
- Beckley Con Benefits Women's Resource Center
- Students work to solve West Virginia’s biggest challenges
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
IMAGE GALLERY: Memphis Overwhelms Marshall
Monday, February 27, 2012 - 01:55 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
Marshall stayed within in a respectable scoring distance during the first intermission being down as much as seven and has close as two points with 39 seconds left in the first period. Memphis was on top 42-37.
The second period told a different story has Memphis took control of the game with defense and an impressive slam dunk offense. Memphis got an early jump on Marshall and was leading 52-38 with 17:47 left.
Marshall did get within five points of Memphis 54-49 at the 14:20 mark. The tiger roared and Memphis took off adding to that lead to win 87-67.
The Herd's 40% field goal shooting percentage hurt the home team's chances. Memphis was 31-52 for 59.6%. The Herd was 4-14 from the three point line for 28.6% and 15-28 in free throw shooting for 53.6%. The Tigers were 4-13 in three point shooting for 30.8% and 21-27 in free throws for 77.8%.
Marshall Coach Tom Herrion cited lack of defense to stop Memphis was the reason the Tigers scored so well.
Marshall is 17-11 overall and 8-6 in Conference USA. Memphis is 21-8 overall and first place in Conference USA with an 11-3 record.