- Huntington Council Agenda Contains Ordinance Allegedly Discriminating Against Disabled Councilwoman Thacker; Chairman Denies
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- Hayes, RCBI, White to enter Harless Hall of Fame
- Three-part NASCAR special predominantly filmed in West Virginia
- Pike County Murder Investigation: Update
- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- Colley Testified Nuke Worker Compensation Protocol Broken
- Former Senator Kay Hagan and Former First Lady of West Virginia Gayle Manchin to Get Out The Vote for Hillary Clinton
- Huntington Cosplayer Bunny Bombshell appears at Kentucky Somerset Con
- SHELLY'S WORLD: "The Magic! The Magic!"
West Virginia Election Law Code Book Now Available For Download To Amazon Kindle
“This will take a very bulky but very important codebook out of law libraries and put it into the hands of everyday West Virginians,” Secretary Tennant said.
To download, go to Amazon.com and enter “West Virginia and Federal Election Laws 2011.” The Kindle edition of the codebook costs less than a dollar, is searchable, and readers can leave bookmarks at important locations.
“If people don’t have a Kindle, chances are they have a smartphone or maybe even an iPad so they can get the app,” Secretary Tennant said. “The last few years have shown just how important of a document the Election Law codebook is. Hopefully citizens will download the codebook and then when they hear a certain section being referenced in the media or in legislation, they can read it for themselves and become more informed about elections in West Virginia.”
The new codebook, which was released in print in February, is also available for sale in its paper format in the Secretary of State’s Office. The cost is $25 per paper copy.
While the Kindle version of the codebook does not include all of the case law annotations provided in the hard copy, there are features that are exclusive to the Kindle version. The Kindle version includes the Voting Rights Act of 1965 as amended, the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) of 1986 as amended, the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA/Motor Voter) of 1993 (as amended), and the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002 (as amended).