- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Risk Advantage': Sports and Auto Racing Examples Can Help Entrepreneurs Succeed
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: The US: Caribbean’s Friend or Unintentional Foe?
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
West Virginia Election Law Code Book Now Available For Download To Amazon Kindle
“This will take a very bulky but very important codebook out of law libraries and put it into the hands of everyday West Virginians,” Secretary Tennant said.
To download, go to Amazon.com and enter “West Virginia and Federal Election Laws 2011.” The Kindle edition of the codebook costs less than a dollar, is searchable, and readers can leave bookmarks at important locations.
“If people don’t have a Kindle, chances are they have a smartphone or maybe even an iPad so they can get the app,” Secretary Tennant said. “The last few years have shown just how important of a document the Election Law codebook is. Hopefully citizens will download the codebook and then when they hear a certain section being referenced in the media or in legislation, they can read it for themselves and become more informed about elections in West Virginia.”
The new codebook, which was released in print in February, is also available for sale in its paper format in the Secretary of State’s Office. The cost is $25 per paper copy.
While the Kindle version of the codebook does not include all of the case law annotations provided in the hard copy, there are features that are exclusive to the Kindle version. The Kindle version includes the Voting Rights Act of 1965 as amended, the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) of 1986 as amended, the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA/Motor Voter) of 1993 (as amended), and the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002 (as amended).