- DEVELOPING ... 10,000 Estimated Addicted in Cabell County; Pennsylvania Encountering Stronger, Narcon Resistent Fentanyl
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Coca Cola Refuses to Admit Shareowners to Annual Meeting
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Drive By West Huntington Shooting Allegedly Drug Related
- FIRST GLANCE: "Circle"a Gradually Horrific Allegory for a Social Media Obsessed Society
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade IMAGES
- Beckley Con Benefits Women's Resource Center
'ART STUFF': Work in Progress Namib Desert Video from Rebecca Sommer
Anyway . . .the video-clip was filmed in the very heart of the oldest desert of the world ! Video link below:
Background about this desert:
This mud pan surrounded by an ocean of red dunes (that are supposed to come all the way from the Kalaharii desert, I heard)) was created by a river that flows through the Namib Dessert every 5-10 years or so. Even in very wet years the river does not reach the Atlantic Ocean but is absorbed by the thirsty dessert, the dunes of Sossusvlei. Sossus means "place of no return".
The location of my video is called Death Vlei -after some 1000 years the river searched its way through the next row of dunes. The river drained away a endless long time ago. It was extremly hot, there is not even moisture enough for normal decomposition to occur. So all the trees here, though dead, have been nearly perfectly preserved for centuries.
I encourage you to read the latest updates on my 2 months long human rights activities on the ground, in Namibia.
http://earthpeoples.org/blog/?p=1132 (at the end of the article are the original HImba leader Declarations)