- Huntington Councilwoman's Husband Carjacked, Beaten
- Tsubasacon Friday IMAGES
- Jim Justice Speaking in Huntington
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- IntelliPoint Technologies Recognized in CIOReview Magazine
- Sternwheeler Sailing to Huntington
- OP ED: Manipulating Reality: Facebook Is Listening to You
- UPDATED: Shooting Suspect in Custody
- Milling Work Slated Next Week in Huntington
- Final 2015 Blennerhassett Island State Park dinner cruise, Oct. 16
Alianna Telles Named C-USA Hitter of the Week
Telles led the Marshall hitting attack against UTEP. The senior hit .636 with seven hits, scored twice, and drove in two runs. Telles has reached base in seven straight times at the dish with six consecutive hits and a walk and in total she has reached first base in nine of the last 10 plate appearances. The California native has now reached base in 11 straight games. The Herd’s starting shortstop did not strikeout against the Miners and also did not commit an error in the field. Telles raised her season batting average to .320 and her C-USA only average to .324, which is second best on the club. The award is the first of Telles’ career.
“Ali has really been pounding the ball,” said head coach Shonda Stanton. “She is playing well in all phases of the game right now. As we expected, she has stepped up as a senior and is setting the tone from the leadoff spot.”
Marshall will look to Telles to help continue the hitting outbreak as it hits the road again this week for a Wednesday match-up with Chattanooga and then a C-USA battle with Southern Miss starting Friday.