- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
- Prestera Center to observe Overdose Prevention Awareness Day
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
Alianna Telles Named C-USA Hitter of the Week
Telles led the Marshall hitting attack against UTEP. The senior hit .636 with seven hits, scored twice, and drove in two runs. Telles has reached base in seven straight times at the dish with six consecutive hits and a walk and in total she has reached first base in nine of the last 10 plate appearances. The California native has now reached base in 11 straight games. The Herd’s starting shortstop did not strikeout against the Miners and also did not commit an error in the field. Telles raised her season batting average to .320 and her C-USA only average to .324, which is second best on the club. The award is the first of Telles’ career.
“Ali has really been pounding the ball,” said head coach Shonda Stanton. “She is playing well in all phases of the game right now. As we expected, she has stepped up as a senior and is setting the tone from the leadoff spot.”
Marshall will look to Telles to help continue the hitting outbreak as it hits the road again this week for a Wednesday match-up with Chattanooga and then a C-USA battle with Southern Miss starting Friday.