- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Fre Destroys Business, Apartment Building on 8th Street
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- Summer Films Accent non Super Hero Sequels
Alianna Telles Named C-USA Hitter of the Week
Telles led the Marshall hitting attack against UTEP. The senior hit .636 with seven hits, scored twice, and drove in two runs. Telles has reached base in seven straight times at the dish with six consecutive hits and a walk and in total she has reached first base in nine of the last 10 plate appearances. The California native has now reached base in 11 straight games. The Herd’s starting shortstop did not strikeout against the Miners and also did not commit an error in the field. Telles raised her season batting average to .320 and her C-USA only average to .324, which is second best on the club. The award is the first of Telles’ career.
“Ali has really been pounding the ball,” said head coach Shonda Stanton. “She is playing well in all phases of the game right now. As we expected, she has stepped up as a senior and is setting the tone from the leadoff spot.”
Marshall will look to Telles to help continue the hitting outbreak as it hits the road again this week for a Wednesday match-up with Chattanooga and then a C-USA battle with Southern Miss starting Friday.