- Huntington Police Arrest Seven Alleged Drug Distributors, Users
- Attorney General Morrisey Announces Nearly $1.3M Antitrust Settlement Benefiting Cabell County Schools
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Two sex offenders headed to prison for federal crimes
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- E.E.O.C. Issues Final Guidance for Retailation
- Huntington crack dealer faces at least five and up to 40 years; two heroin dealers each face up to 20 years
- Special Council Meeting Tuesday on Public Nuisance
- Aug 30 GHPRD introduces Sway-Fun, an all-inclusive playground piece
- Coalfield Development Corp. Receives Economic and Workforce Development Resources Grant for Coal Communities
Alianna Telles Named C-USA Hitter of the Week
Telles led the Marshall hitting attack against UTEP. The senior hit .636 with seven hits, scored twice, and drove in two runs. Telles has reached base in seven straight times at the dish with six consecutive hits and a walk and in total she has reached first base in nine of the last 10 plate appearances. The California native has now reached base in 11 straight games. The Herd’s starting shortstop did not strikeout against the Miners and also did not commit an error in the field. Telles raised her season batting average to .320 and her C-USA only average to .324, which is second best on the club. The award is the first of Telles’ career.
“Ali has really been pounding the ball,” said head coach Shonda Stanton. “She is playing well in all phases of the game right now. As we expected, she has stepped up as a senior and is setting the tone from the leadoff spot.”
Marshall will look to Telles to help continue the hitting outbreak as it hits the road again this week for a Wednesday match-up with Chattanooga and then a C-USA battle with Southern Miss starting Friday.