- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- No Perfect Season; Marshall Loses in OT
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
Comic Convention Slated for Huntington
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 - 13:24 FromPress Release
“Huntington is a city that carries a vast amount of artistic talent and an entrepreneurial spirit. This plus the comic fan-base that exists in the area make it perfect for a show like Tricon,” said show organizer James Maddox. A Marshall University alumni and Huntington resident, Maddox is working in partnership with organizer Eric Watkins of Belpre, OH to create the convention for Huntington. The two have been able to gain the attention of comic producers in both small and large press thanks to their own work with the label Broken Icon Comics, which the two also own and operate. “Every year, we attend multiple shows as creators, and we’ve come to enjoy the community and encouragement that come from these events. We wanted to create that sort of community in Huntington and hopefully show people how great a location it is in the process,” said Watkins. Plans for the June 9, 2012 show are well underway, with new and future guest announcements being posted weekly on the show’s web, Facebook and Twitter sites. With a focus on large and small press, the Tri-State Comic Con will take place Saturday, June 9, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena in downtown Huntington. Admission is $7 for adults and free for children under 10 with a paid adult admission. For more information and updates on dealers, artists, guests, and panels, please visit www.tristatecon.net