- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
Comic Convention Slated for Huntington
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 - 13:24 FromPress Release
“Huntington is a city that carries a vast amount of artistic talent and an entrepreneurial spirit. This plus the comic fan-base that exists in the area make it perfect for a show like Tricon,” said show organizer James Maddox. A Marshall University alumni and Huntington resident, Maddox is working in partnership with organizer Eric Watkins of Belpre, OH to create the convention for Huntington. The two have been able to gain the attention of comic producers in both small and large press thanks to their own work with the label Broken Icon Comics, which the two also own and operate. “Every year, we attend multiple shows as creators, and we’ve come to enjoy the community and encouragement that come from these events. We wanted to create that sort of community in Huntington and hopefully show people how great a location it is in the process,” said Watkins. Plans for the June 9, 2012 show are well underway, with new and future guest announcements being posted weekly on the show’s web, Facebook and Twitter sites. With a focus on large and small press, the Tri-State Comic Con will take place Saturday, June 9, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena in downtown Huntington. Admission is $7 for adults and free for children under 10 with a paid adult admission. For more information and updates on dealers, artists, guests, and panels, please visit www.tristatecon.net