- New Awareness Campaign Stresses that "Human Trafficking Happens Here Too"
- University deploys medical team to flood-ravaged Greenbrier County, including Rainelle
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Two Possession Arrests by HPD; Numerous B & E, Petit Larceny Incidents
- 93.7 The Dawg presents Dawg Dazzle with Julie Reeves, Frankie Ballard and Jon Pardi
- Huntington Police Arrest Alleged DUI Driver after Crash; Victim Critical
- Huntington Police Execute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- AT&T Contributes $20,000, Employees Pitch in to Help with Clean Up, Recovery Efforts in West Virginia
Marshall to Clash with Golden Eagles in Three Game Series
Game one of the C-USA series will take place on Friday at 7 p.m. ET with the two squads finishing out the weekend with a doubleheader at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday.
The Thundering Herd (20-15) has taken all six road conference games this season. Sweeps over Memphis and UTEP have helped propel the Herd to an 8-4 Conference USA record.
Marshall is coming off a single loss on Wednesday to the hands of Chattanooga. The Mocs downed the Herd 4-1 thanks to a three run fifth to break open the tie ballgame. In the most recent conference action, Marshall traveled west and swept the UTEP Miners last weekend. The bats for the Herd were the difference as it outslugged one of the nation’s top hitting teams and even shutout the Miners on Sunday thanks to a complete game victory from pitcher Andi Williamson.
Multiple players have been performing well at the dish for The Herd. Taylor Thompson is the mist of an eight game hitting streak while Alianna Telles has collected nine hits over the last four contests. Alysia Hively has been pounding the ball. The junior has raised her batting average drastically in the last five games of action to .333, second best on the team.
The Southern Miss (11-20, 3-9 C-USA) offense is led by two hitters, Caroline Walker and Leslie Lejune. Both are batting over .300, with Walker leading the way at a .350 average. She also has the best on-base percentage with a mark of .418 and is tops in doubles with 6. Lejune, an outfielder was a member of the C-USA preseason all-conference team. She is the team leader in hits (32) and runs batted in (18). The senior has collected six extra base hits, including two triples.
The Eagles use three pitchers. Beth Dietrich has thrown the most innings on the squad. She has five wins to lead USM and has struckout a team 56 batters. Courtney Ramos is 4-8 and enjoys the best earned run average on the club at 3.31.
Each game of the weekend set will have GameTracker and All-Access video available through HerdZone.com. Fans are also invited to participate in the free in-game chats during each contest.