- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington Police, Fire Pension Funds Lose Investment Potential when Paid in an Untimely Manner
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Washington Trooper Surprised by Passenger Wearing Seat Belt; Driver Speeding
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- DEVELOPING... Sewer Increase Blamed for Special Metals Layoffs
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- School of Pharmacy students plan community outreach in Cabell County schools
- Minor Injury After Bus Accident
Marshall to Clash with Golden Eagles in Three Game Series
Game one of the C-USA series will take place on Friday at 7 p.m. ET with the two squads finishing out the weekend with a doubleheader at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday.
The Thundering Herd (20-15) has taken all six road conference games this season. Sweeps over Memphis and UTEP have helped propel the Herd to an 8-4 Conference USA record.
Marshall is coming off a single loss on Wednesday to the hands of Chattanooga. The Mocs downed the Herd 4-1 thanks to a three run fifth to break open the tie ballgame. In the most recent conference action, Marshall traveled west and swept the UTEP Miners last weekend. The bats for the Herd were the difference as it outslugged one of the nation’s top hitting teams and even shutout the Miners on Sunday thanks to a complete game victory from pitcher Andi Williamson.
Multiple players have been performing well at the dish for The Herd. Taylor Thompson is the mist of an eight game hitting streak while Alianna Telles has collected nine hits over the last four contests. Alysia Hively has been pounding the ball. The junior has raised her batting average drastically in the last five games of action to .333, second best on the team.
The Southern Miss (11-20, 3-9 C-USA) offense is led by two hitters, Caroline Walker and Leslie Lejune. Both are batting over .300, with Walker leading the way at a .350 average. She also has the best on-base percentage with a mark of .418 and is tops in doubles with 6. Lejune, an outfielder was a member of the C-USA preseason all-conference team. She is the team leader in hits (32) and runs batted in (18). The senior has collected six extra base hits, including two triples.
The Eagles use three pitchers. Beth Dietrich has thrown the most innings on the squad. She has five wins to lead USM and has struckout a team 56 batters. Courtney Ramos is 4-8 and enjoys the best earned run average on the club at 3.31.
Each game of the weekend set will have GameTracker and All-Access video available through HerdZone.com. Fans are also invited to participate in the free in-game chats during each contest.