- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Where Were You in '62 Icon Returns to Screen
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- James Cook at the End of the Road
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Water Main and Valve Replacement Project to Cause Temporary Water Outage Monday for Rt. 10/Heath Creek Road Area of Barboursville
- September Dramas Stir Cinematic Releases
- Registration Underway for Bell Tower Walk
BREAKING... Amazon Makes Announcement Official
Amazon will create 200 new full-time jobs at the facility by the end of 2014 and is currently recruiting candidates. Employees at Amazon’s customer service center support customer calls and emails from around the world.
“West Virginia was honored when Amazon, a globally recognized company, decided to open its East Coast customer service center in Huntington in 2000. Eleven years later, the decision by Amazon.com to expand its operation here is a tremendous testament to West Virginia’s dedicated, quality workforce,” said Acting Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin. “I applaud the great partnership between the West Virginia Development Office, Huntington Municipal Development Authority, Huntington Area Development Council and City of Huntington that made this achievement possible.
“Also, I would like to recognize Senator Joe Manchin, Senator Jay Rockefeller and Representative Nick Rahall for their leadership and for working together with me to make West Virginia a great location for business,” he said.
”We’re excited that this new facility offers us the opportunity to create new jobs at our Huntington facility,” said Gary Allen, senior site leader, Amazon Huntington Customer Service Center. “We’re looking for candidates who want to join us in our quest to be Earth’s most customer-centric company.”
“This is exciting news for Huntington,” said Mayor Kim Wolfe. “We thank Amazon.com and state and local leaders for making this investment possible. Huntington has been honored with the opportunity to have Amazon.com as a member of our business community. We appreciate that they have elected to grow with us.”
Amazon will be conducting a job fair at its offices on May 5, 2011 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. located in the Jean Dean Public Safety Building, 1102 Third Avenue in Huntington. Candidates can also apply online at www.amazon.com/careers.
Construction on the new facility is slated to begin now. The new center is expected to be complete by the end of 2011.