- PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Casting Call for Seductive Female for WV Music Video
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
Jobs Available at Centrifuge Plant in Piketon, Ohio; Company Downblends Former Russian Warheads
The Piketon USEC plant is particularly looking for applicants with experience in operations, maintenance, engineering, project controls, project management, and security.
You must either possess or have the ability to obtain a U.S. DOE security clearance and require both a drug and radon screening.
Apply online at: http://usec.com/careers
One program at the American Centrifuge Plant converts weapons grade uranium from Soviet Union nuclear warheads into low enriched uranium fuel to generate electricity in commercial nuclear power plants.
In a July 11, 2012 announcement USEC announced that its Megatons to Megawatts program has converted 450 metric tons of former Soviet Union nuclear warheads in the last two decades. By the end of 2013, the Megatons to Megawatts program will have “downblended” the equivalent of 20,000 nuclear warheads into nuclear fuel by the end of 2013. Nuclear fuel represents about 10% of the electricity generated in the U.S. It is the equivalent of 193 billion gallons of gasoline. The U.S. consumes that amount of gasoline about every 17 months.
A new contract has been signed that runs from 2013-2022. These Russian deliveries will come from that country’s uranium enrichment activities, not Russian weapons material.