- Twelve WV Communities Focus on Abandoned, Blighted Properties
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- West Virginia Coal Association Endorses Evan Jenkins
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- Detroit Man Pleads Guilty to Huntington Drug Distribution
- 100 percent of graduating family medicine residents at Marshall University will practice in Appalachian communities
- Lease on Harris Riverfront Park Extended
- Public Health Progressing with Implementation of SB373: Stakeholders are engaged in Source Water Protection Plan development tools
- House of Delegate Candidate Patrick Lucas Says WV's Greatest Challenge Lack of Good Jobs
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in August as Investor Activity Declines
Swine Fest Line Up Announced
Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 15:25 Updated 2 years ago From Press Release
The organizers of SwineFest pride themselves on creating an interactive theme each year, such themes have included "A Hillbilly Homecoming", and "Guyandotte Goes to Hollywood" This year's theme, "Guyandotte Gets Scared" is not for the faint of heart.
Friday, August 24th will be sponsored by local event coordinator's www.eventfuloffun.com and will include a live ghost hunt led by the Lawrence County Ghost Hunters at midnight at an undisclosed location. Four members of the public will be chosen to assist in the hunt. Saturday Aug. 25 will be sponsored by WKEE and WTCR. This year's featured events including The Zombie Walk and The Zombie Dance will take place on Saturday. Zombies will invade the streets of Guyandotte searching for their favorite meal. The Zombie Walk will take place at 7p.m. on Saturday. The registration fee is $5.00 and the funds will be used to purchase hams for needy families during the Easter Holiday. Make-up, clothing, and Zombie teeth will be available for a minimal price. SwineFest president, Rick Simmons has set a goal for 200 zombies to be involved in the Zombie Walk and has stated the Zombie Walk has the possibilities of becoming an annual event in Guyandotte. Immediately after the zombie walk, Huntington Radio Icon, Jack O'Shea will DJ a Free Zombie Dance on the grounds of the Madie Carroll House.The Madie Carroll House will host tours of the house that will include voices of the past. A live ghost hunt will also take place at midnight.
SwineFest 2012 will also include a parade, talented entertainment, vendors, Myers Amusements on the mid-way, two auctions, Guyandotte Fear Factor, which will include a 1800's style coffin, and much more. Paranormal Investigators will also be present at SwineFest 2012.