- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 31, 2014
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- Thieves Steal Huntington Veteran's Wheel Chair
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Commonwealth Business Council is Dead: Will a Bankable Entity Arise?
- Perry's Honored; Artisan Cafe to Open
- Marshall Psychology faculty, students present session at Comic-Con
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Santana Coming to Games at Pullman Square for Art Walk
- BOOK REVIEW: '935 Lies': How Governments, Businesses Lie to Us and the Failure of Journalism to Inform Us
- USDA Announces Additional Food Safety Requirements, New Inspection System for Poultry Products
Facebook BOLO Helps Huntington Police Apprehend Suspect
City Councilman Scott Caserta said , “it was the beginning of coming together.”
On Sunday, councilman Scott Caserta initiated a unique BOLO, he sent out a photo of a wanted man who fled police via Facebook. Six hours later, in his words, “the long arm of Facebook” netted an apprehension.
Caserta explained that since the August 7 meeting “we had not experienced any crime,” that is until Sunday, Aug. 12. “The subject was arrested. The neighbors are Face booking and staying in touch.”