- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Death Watch' : American Terrorist Goes to Extremes to Avenge a Wrong
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: 2015 Begins with Urgency to Save the Caribbean from Climate Change
Facebook BOLO Helps Huntington Police Apprehend Suspect
City Councilman Scott Caserta said , “it was the beginning of coming together.”
On Sunday, councilman Scott Caserta initiated a unique BOLO, he sent out a photo of a wanted man who fled police via Facebook. Six hours later, in his words, “the long arm of Facebook” netted an apprehension.
Caserta explained that since the August 7 meeting “we had not experienced any crime,” that is until Sunday, Aug. 12. “The subject was arrested. The neighbors are Face booking and staying in touch.”