- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 25, 2015
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Community Crack Cocaine Complaints Lead to Arrests
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
Facebook BOLO Helps Huntington Police Apprehend Suspect
City Councilman Scott Caserta said , “it was the beginning of coming together.”
On Sunday, councilman Scott Caserta initiated a unique BOLO, he sent out a photo of a wanted man who fled police via Facebook. Six hours later, in his words, “the long arm of Facebook” netted an apprehension.
Caserta explained that since the August 7 meeting “we had not experienced any crime,” that is until Sunday, Aug. 12. “The subject was arrested. The neighbors are Face booking and staying in touch.”