- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Council Asked to Approve Budget Restraints Following Negative Projection
- Top Films of 2014 with Guest Expert Input
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Local writers Marie Manilla and Nicole Lawrence to read from their work at Marshall University
- Marshall Athletic Ticket Office Announces C-USA Championship Operations
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
- Roller Girls Double Header Headed for Big Sandy
Marshall Hosts Saint Francis (Pa.) at Cabell-Midland Friday at 7 p.m.
Friday’s match, the second meeting in the all-time series between the two programs, can be followed online via CBS GameTracker.
Marshall (1-2) began last season with a 3-2 triumph over the Red Flash at Stokes Soccerplex in Loretto, Pa. Returning stars Alyssa Cathey of Marshall and Tesa McKibben of Saint Francis were goal-scorers in the matchup to start the 2011 season, but it was Marshall’s Angela DeSumma who struck twice late in the game to give the Herd a come-from-behind victory.
Cathey assisted DeSumma’s second goal, which came in the final minute of regulation.
Saint Francis (1-2) went 12-6-3 last season despite a rugged 0-3 start. The 1-2 tilt for which the Red Flash is currently noted has the team coming off a 2-0 loss to #15 Long Beach last Friday.
SFU has gone goal-less in its last two matches after beginning the season with a 2-0 victory over Duquesne.
Redshirt junior McKibben leads the Red Flash in points (three) so far this season after registering a goal and an assist in the opening day win. The two-time Northeast Conference Player of the Year also notched a goal in a preseason victory over American University.