- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
Marshall Hosts Saint Francis (Pa.) at Cabell-Midland Friday at 7 p.m.
Friday’s match, the second meeting in the all-time series between the two programs, can be followed online via CBS GameTracker.
Marshall (1-2) began last season with a 3-2 triumph over the Red Flash at Stokes Soccerplex in Loretto, Pa. Returning stars Alyssa Cathey of Marshall and Tesa McKibben of Saint Francis were goal-scorers in the matchup to start the 2011 season, but it was Marshall’s Angela DeSumma who struck twice late in the game to give the Herd a come-from-behind victory.
Cathey assisted DeSumma’s second goal, which came in the final minute of regulation.
Saint Francis (1-2) went 12-6-3 last season despite a rugged 0-3 start. The 1-2 tilt for which the Red Flash is currently noted has the team coming off a 2-0 loss to #15 Long Beach last Friday.
SFU has gone goal-less in its last two matches after beginning the season with a 2-0 victory over Duquesne.
Redshirt junior McKibben leads the Red Flash in points (three) so far this season after registering a goal and an assist in the opening day win. The two-time Northeast Conference Player of the Year also notched a goal in a preseason victory over American University.