- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Names Released of Five Arrested in West Huntington Drug Bust
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- Former Detroit Man Receives Nine Years Prison for Heroin Distribution
- Softball Freshman D’Orazio Playing at World Championships
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Please Stop Helping Us': Black Conservative Deconstructs Unintended Consequences of Affirmative Action, Minimum Wage Laws, Public Schools
- SuperTalk 94.1 FM & AM 930 Joins Cavaliers Radio Network
- “Operation: River to Jail” continues with second warrant sweep
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
Healing Field of 3,000 Flags Only One in WV
Flags will be posted from September 7th to the 11th at the cemetery located at 1427 Noway Avenue in Huntington. The Daughters of the American Revolution are coordinating individual flag sponsorship locally. Flags may be sponsored online.
Last year, the community was moved as we honored the memory of the Marshall University plane crash victims, victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, veterans who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and loved ones we have lost. The Healing Field is a community program to raise funds for the construction of a memorial bell tower to be erected at Spring Hill Cemetery, from which a 500 pound etched bronze bell, will toll for generations to come
To experience The Healing Field, visit Spring Hill Cemetery from September 7th thru 11th between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Visit the Information Tent on site to purchase flags, dedicate them, and post the flags in The Healing Field, or to make a donation to the memorial bell tower.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 6th - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Flag Installation Day - Stop by and be a part of setting up the flags! We need lots of hands.
Friday, September 7th - 6:00pm - Marshall March of Remembrance – Depart Marshall Recreation Center, with 75 flags, march up 20th Street to Spring Hill Cemetery, The Marshall Memorial, and post the flags in the Healing Field.
Saturday, September 8th - Marshall Football Game, Memorial Bell Presentation - Marshall Stadium – Dr. & Mrs. Ken Ambrose will toll the memorial bell for the first time publicly as the bell is presented to the community.
Sunday, September 9th - Day of Remembrance - Church Services Day - Bring your congregation to the Healing Field for your service.
Monday, September 10th - School Field Trip Day - All students & schools welcome.
Tuesday, September 11th – Patriot Day
Closing Ceremonies - 6:30pm - We will honor victims, veterans, police and firefighters, as well as lost loved ones.
The Information Tent will sell flags from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. daily from September 7th thru 11th. Flags can be personalized with a message, and posted in The Healing Field during operating hours. Spring Hill Cemetery will be closed each night at dark.
Flags are $35.00 each and include display hardware. Flags can be purchased and shipped anywhere. Please make all checks payable to: Foundation for the Tri-State Community Inc.