- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Find New Lows for 2014
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
- Huntington Buns on Bikes Race IMAGES
EDITORIAL: Top Ten Reasons to Vote for John Raese for U.S. Senate this November
10. Morgantown hasn't had a U.S. Senator since Waitman T. Willey in 1863. Interestingly, Raese lived in Willey's house as a boy.
9. Two words: Obamacare Repeal!
8. Raese actually seems to still like West Virginia basics, like coal, guns, and deer camp. Manchin? Not so much.
7. The Raeses never tried to hide the fact that they have a second home in Florida. But Manchin shushes the fact that he enjoys his expensive yacht...which is docked in Florida.
6. An avid sportslover, Raese is never at a loss for the most obscure baseball statistics. He even played for WVU's baseball team.
5. Job creator: Raese took over his family's businesses at a challenging time, in the middle of a recession. But he not only kept them going, he's added hundreds of jobs over the years in his steel, limestone, broadcasting, and tourism businesses. He knows what businesses, small and large, need to create more good-paying jobs for West Virginians.
4. Raese is persistent, a good quality to have in a U.S. Senator. He's been on the road meeting the public in this campaign since early January and is only now getting warmed up.
3. Community supporter: Raese, with his wife, Liz, have given quite generous contributions to WVU Hospital, Alzheimers' support groups, and educational institutions. Additionally, Raese has helped many 4-H and FFA members go to college through his support at local livestock auctions for many years.
2. Raese has a sense of humor that can both make fun of himself as well as those around him he sees as pompous or otherwise silly. A favorite line of his given to young people who feel picked on by bullies goes like this: "Just remember: criticism from a fool is the highest form of praise."
1. Entrepreneur: Raese saw West Virginia's tough, anti-business climate as an added challenge, not a reason to go home and quit trying. As a result, we have Metronews, Pikewood Creative, Pikewood National Golf Course, and a reignited Greer Steel--all providing meaningful work and exceptional services to the people of the Mountain State. All from the mind of John R. Raese.
For a short video of Raese's story, click here.