- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Huntington Convenience Store Worker Shoots Thief in Leg
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Bunn Resigns from Council , Moving to District 9
- Detroit man pleads guilty for role in Point Pleasant heroin conspiracy
- Marshall’s Sustainability Department plans technology recycling event; volunteers needed for sweet potato harvest, greenhouse installation
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- COMMENTARY: Doctor Needs Patient Support for Trying to Help
Hoskins, Shuler Win Weekly Honors
Hoskins, a Gainesville, Fla., native, was named the National Tight End of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards following his performance Saturday at Purdue. He caught four passes for 42 yards and three touchdowns, the last drawing the Herd within 10 points of the Boilermakers (45-35) with 12:53 remaining in the contest. On the season, he has 14 catches for 118 yards and six touchdowns, which is tied for the fourth-highest total in the nation. Those three scores were the most by a Marshall player since Josh Davis posted three against Kent State on Oct. 11, 2003.
Shuler, a Miami native, was honored as C-USA Offensive Player of the Week Monday after snaring19 passes for 200 yards Saturday. The reception total, a Marshall single-game record, is the nation's highest single-game mark since the Dec. 5, 2009 C-USA Championship Game, when Houston’s James Cleveland caught 19 against East Carolina. The 200 yards are the most by a Herd receiver since Davis racked up 264 against Appalachian State on Aug. 31, 2002. For the season, Shuler has 51 receptions, also the nation’s top total.
Marshall (2-3 overall, 1-0 C-USA) will be back in action Saturday when Tulsa (4-1, 2-0) visits Joan C. Edwards Stadium for a 3:30 p.m. Homecoming kickoff.