- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Let's Round Up the "Johns" Too
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Alleged Drug Suppliers, Prostitutes Rounded Up in Huntington
- Board of Governors Gives Positive Evaluation to MU President Jerome Gilbert
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Marshall University biotechnology spinoff receives large grant from National Institutes of Health
- MU presents Donning of the Kente ceremony April 27
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hillary Concentrates on Substance Abuse at Charleston Forum IMAGES
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
Kane, Tinnon Named Preseason All-Conference
Kane, a two-time all-conference selection, led the Thundering Herd in scoring the past two seasons. The junior from Pittsburgh, Pa. averaged 16.5 points and 5.4 rebounds last year and earned a spot on the 2012 C-USA All-Tournament Team last spring. Kane’s 40 points in the tournament quarterfinal was a championship record.
He ascended over the 1,000 point mark last season and his 1,073 career points rank second in the nation by a junior.
Kane was joined on the first team by preseason player of the year Keith Clanton (UCF) as well as Miguel Paul (East Carolina), Tarik Black (Memphis) and Ricky Tarrant (Tulane).
Tinnon, a member of the C-USA All-Defensive Team last season, earned second team all-conference honors. A senior from Green Bay, Wisc., Tinnon averaged 10.2 points and 10.0 rebounds last season, one of 21 players in the nation to average a double-double. His rebounding total ranked third in the country and 22nd in the nation.
Tinnon was joined on the second team by Chris Crawford (Memphis), Joe Jackson (Memphis), Adonis Thomas (Memphis) and Neil Watson (Southern Miss).
The teams were selected by the conference coaches, who were not allowed to vote for their own players.
Marshall begins practice on Friday, Oct. 12. That day is also the first chance for the public to see the team with its annual Thundering Herd Madness at 8 p.m.
Marshall, which went 21-14 last season and advanced to the NIT for the first time since 1988, hosts Bluefield College in an exhibition at 7 p.m. on Oct. 29. The regular season begins Nov. 9 at 7:30 against Longwood. Tickets can be ordered by calling 800-THE-HERDor by visiting HerdZone.com.