- FLASHBACK: The Three Mile Island Accident, Yes, People Suffered
- Huntington man pleads guilty to federal oxycodone charge
- Keep Your Promises and EWG Meet with EPA on C-8 in drinking water
- Music professors to perform on historical instruments during free performance
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- Public Works Department establishing job applicant pool
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 22, 2014
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Two men plead guilty in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
Lay Offs Strike More Than 80 Plant Workers
Workers losing their jobs come from maintenance and production. Company spokesman Dwight Weber indicated the workers will be re-called when business improves.
Steelworkers at the plant recently approved a new contract after nearly going on strike due to health benefits differences. The company let 42 workers go in 2011 and 66 in 2010.