- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
Lay Offs Strike More Than 80 Plant Workers
Workers losing their jobs come from maintenance and production. Company spokesman Dwight Weber indicated the workers will be re-called when business improves.
Steelworkers at the plant recently approved a new contract after nearly going on strike due to health benefits differences. The company let 42 workers go in 2011 and 66 in 2010.