- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- City Welcomes Intern for Promoting Events
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- CFPB Takes Action Against Auto Finance Company for Distorting Borrower Credit Reports; First Investors Fined $2.75 Million for Knowingly Providing Inaccurate Information to Credit Reporting Agencies for Years
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- Huntington Council Agenda Announced; Work Session Monday Evening
- Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
Lay Offs Strike More Than 80 Plant Workers
Workers losing their jobs come from maintenance and production. Company spokesman Dwight Weber indicated the workers will be re-called when business improves.
Steelworkers at the plant recently approved a new contract after nearly going on strike due to health benefits differences. The company let 42 workers go in 2011 and 66 in 2010.