- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- Huntington Police Make Drug Arrests
- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 24, 2014
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Unveils Interactive Planning Site
- Former Booster Club Treasurer Indicted for Theft
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 9, 2012
W.W. Williams, Albany, Ga., was awarded contract SPRDL1-11-R-0238. The award is a firm fixed price, indefinite delivery and indefinite quantity contract with a maximum $45,144,790 for diesel engines with containers. There are no other locations of performance. Using military service is Army. There two responses to the Web solicitation. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2013 Army Defense Working Capital Funds. The date of performance completion is Oct. 19, 2015. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Land, Warren, Mich.
Lockheed Martin Corp., Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., Fort Worth, Texas, is being awarded a $28,620,000 modification to a previously awarded advance acquisition contract (N00019-12-C-0004) to provide additional funds for long lead-time parts, material and components required to protect the delivery schedule of four Low Rate Initial Production Lot VII F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter Conventional Takeoff and Landing aircraft for the Government of Italy. Work will be performed in Fort Worth, Texas (35 percent); El Segundo, Calif. (25 percent); Warton, United Kingdom (20 percent); Orlando, Fla. (10 percent); Nashua, N.H. (5 percent); and Baltimore, Md. (5 percent), and is expected to be completed in June 2013. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The Naval Air Systems Command, Patuxent River, Md., is the contracting activity.
The Boeing Co.,St. Louis, Mo., (FA8651-13-D-0050) is being awarded a $10,000,000 cost plus fixed fee contract to provide systems studies, analyses integrations and demonstrations with the unmanned aerial system termed dominator and common smart sub-munition to assess the capabilities of the system in meeting Air Force Research Laboratory requirements. The location of the performance is St. Louis, Mo. Work is expected to be completed by Jan. 25, 2017. The contracting activity is AFRL/RWK, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.