- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- Huntington Council Passes Highlawn Zoning, Clears Charter Votes for Second Reading
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
- Chief Eastham Details How Relentless Assistance Prevented Further Fire Damage
EDITORIAL: Democrats Voting Straight Ticket Republican? Stranger Things Have Happened in WV Politics...
It's being called the "nuclear option" in some circles around the state, something that is done only in an election year that cries out for a most serious response to the powers that be. What is it?
Straight Ticket Republican. That's right. Just marking the top of the ballot, but this time for the Republican Party. From some polling we've heard about in the Third Congressional District, four out of ten likely Democratic voters are seriously considering going Straight Ticket Republican. Wow!
Such a move, done by enough West Virginians just this once, would tell the national Democratic Party that their serious leftward drift on domestic and foreign policy needs to stop.
The nice thing about the democratic process is that, if the voters ever think they have made a big mistake in electing someone, then in just a few years that same person can be voted out.
That's what appears to be happening to President Obama this year. But it could easily happen to Governor Romney if he is elected this time and disappoints in four years. That's why even doing something as bold as voting Straight Ticket Republican has a built-in insurance policy.
We're hearing it more and more, moving into the Second and First Congressional Districts, too, now.
Barack Obama doesn't deserve to be beaten by just a few points across West Virginia but by a huge margin. By voting Straight Ticket Republican for the first time, many West Virginia Democrats and Independents can join with the Republicans to send the Obamas packing for Chicago.
Barack Obama was a fine experiment in democracy. But he just didn't listen to others very well. But he'll hear us all loud and clear if we vote Straight Ticket Republican this year.