- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Holiday Garbage Pick Up Schedule Announced
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 11, 2012
National Strategic Research Institute, Lincoln, Neb. (FA4600-12-D-9000), is being awarded a $76,297,663 indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract for engineering, research and development services. The location of the performance is Lincoln, Neb. and Omaha, Neb. Work is expected to be completed by Sept. 28, 2019. The contracting activity is 55th Contracting Squadron, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
Honeywell International Inc., Tempe, Ariz., (FA8208-07-C-0001, P00048) is being awarded a $57,829,544 contract modification for repair, overhaul and logistics sustainment of F-15 secondary power assests under the secondary power logistics solution contract. The location of the performance is Hill Air Force Base, Utah. Work is expected to be completed by January 2020. The contracting activity is 748 SCMG/PKBA, Hill AFB, Utah.
Dell Marketing L.P., Round Rock, Texas (FA4803-12-F-0045) is being awarded a $8,873,542 firm fixed price contract to provide Microsoft licenses for Air Force's Central Command assets. The location of the performance is Southwest Asia. Work is expected to be completed by June 30, 2013. The contracting activity is 20CONS/LGCA, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
General Dynamics - Bath Iron Works, Bath, Maine, is being awarded an $8,000,000 cost-plus-award-fee modification to the previously awarded Basic Ordering Agreement (N00024-09-G-2301) to provide engineering and management services for advance planning and design in support of the post shakedown availability for Littoral Combat Ship USS Independence (LCS 2). Work will be performed in Bath, Maine (70 percent), Pittsfield, Mass. (20 percent), and Mobile, Ala. (10 percent), and is expected to be completed by February 2014. Contract funds in the amount of $8,000,000 will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract action was not competitively procured. The Basic Ordering Agreement was awarded on a sole source basis pursuant to 10 USC 2304 (c) (1). The Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion, and Repair, Bath, Maine; is the contracting activity.