- DEVELOPING... Caserta Asks for Records During Meeting
- Ethics Petition Filed Against Some City Council Members by Rebecca Thacker
- Huntington Heroin Death Toll now 31
- FLASHBACK: Images of Ironton's 2011 Memorial Day Parade
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- LAST IMAGES: A Life on the Sidelines
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
OPINION: WV GOP Admonishes Obama, Tomlin for Coal Layoffs
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 01:55 Updated 2 years ago From a Release by WV GOP
This is another body blow to the energy industry and our mining jobs.
"It's too bad that Governor Tomblin refuses to protect our mines and miners from Obama's EPA," said Conrad Lucas, Chairman of the West Virginia Republican Party. "Just like Joe Manchin, Tomblin cast his lot with D.C. liberals year ago. He talks about stopping the EPA, but the reality is that he and his family have visited the Obama White House nine times. If he or Joe cared about West Virginia miners, they'd support Mitt Romney. They don't because they support Obama."
The layoffs will take place the week after Christmas. "Too many West Virginia families have lost their job thanks to failed Democratic policies. West Virginia needs change, and you can see it on the faces of the men and women standing in lines waiting to vote early all across the state," said Lucas. "Nobody waits in line to vote for the status quo. They brave wind and snow and lines to fix that which ails our state. The best way to do that is a vote straight Republican."