- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 16, 2014
- Deer Hunters in West Virginia harvest 37,277 bucks during the buck firearms season
OPINION: WV GOP Admonishes Obama, Tomlin for Coal Layoffs
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 01:55 Updated 2 years ago From a Release by WV GOP
This is another body blow to the energy industry and our mining jobs.
"It's too bad that Governor Tomblin refuses to protect our mines and miners from Obama's EPA," said Conrad Lucas, Chairman of the West Virginia Republican Party. "Just like Joe Manchin, Tomblin cast his lot with D.C. liberals year ago. He talks about stopping the EPA, but the reality is that he and his family have visited the Obama White House nine times. If he or Joe cared about West Virginia miners, they'd support Mitt Romney. They don't because they support Obama."
The layoffs will take place the week after Christmas. "Too many West Virginia families have lost their job thanks to failed Democratic policies. West Virginia needs change, and you can see it on the faces of the men and women standing in lines waiting to vote early all across the state," said Lucas. "Nobody waits in line to vote for the status quo. They brave wind and snow and lines to fix that which ails our state. The best way to do that is a vote straight Republican."