- Marshall Has 21 Named to All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams
- Following Brief Eulogy to his Father, Huntington Mayor Told Council, "Let's Get to Work..."
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- 22 Year Old Driver Dies from Crash Injuries
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- Delegate Mike Folk stands up for 2nd Amendment Rights in West Virginia
- OP-ED: Murray-Ryan Budget Dumps 51.4% into Military -- Happy Human Rights Day!
- Human Relations Commission Amendment Deletes “Handicap” Substitutes “Disabled”
- Highlawn Pastor Posted Explanation on Facebook in October
OPINION: WV GOP Admonishes Obama, Tomlin for Coal Layoffs
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 01:55 Updated 1 year ago From a Release by WV GOP
This is another body blow to the energy industry and our mining jobs.
"It's too bad that Governor Tomblin refuses to protect our mines and miners from Obama's EPA," said Conrad Lucas, Chairman of the West Virginia Republican Party. "Just like Joe Manchin, Tomblin cast his lot with D.C. liberals year ago. He talks about stopping the EPA, but the reality is that he and his family have visited the Obama White House nine times. If he or Joe cared about West Virginia miners, they'd support Mitt Romney. They don't because they support Obama."
The layoffs will take place the week after Christmas. "Too many West Virginia families have lost their job thanks to failed Democratic policies. West Virginia needs change, and you can see it on the faces of the men and women standing in lines waiting to vote early all across the state," said Lucas. "Nobody waits in line to vote for the status quo. They brave wind and snow and lines to fix that which ails our state. The best way to do that is a vote straight Republican."