- Hunyington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Stories of Homelessness
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Spin Offs of Harry Potter, Star Wars Will Greet Holiday Moviegoers
- Huntington Police Department Wins Drug Incinerator
- 2,200 Attended Tsubasacon Which Wrapped Up Sunday IMAGES
OPINION: WV GOP Admonishes Obama, Tomlin for Coal Layoffs
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 01:55 Updated 3 years ago From a Release by WV GOP
This is another body blow to the energy industry and our mining jobs.
"It's too bad that Governor Tomblin refuses to protect our mines and miners from Obama's EPA," said Conrad Lucas, Chairman of the West Virginia Republican Party. "Just like Joe Manchin, Tomblin cast his lot with D.C. liberals year ago. He talks about stopping the EPA, but the reality is that he and his family have visited the Obama White House nine times. If he or Joe cared about West Virginia miners, they'd support Mitt Romney. They don't because they support Obama."
The layoffs will take place the week after Christmas. "Too many West Virginia families have lost their job thanks to failed Democratic policies. West Virginia needs change, and you can see it on the faces of the men and women standing in lines waiting to vote early all across the state," said Lucas. "Nobody waits in line to vote for the status quo. They brave wind and snow and lines to fix that which ails our state. The best way to do that is a vote straight Republican."