- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Bates Supports Budget Reductions to Offset Shortfall Projection
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Bankruptcy Court Awards West Virginia DEP $2.7 Million
- Schray earns national honors as top professor in West Virginia
- Local writers Marie Manilla and Nicole Lawrence to read from their work at Marshall University
Cato Named Conference USA Co-Offensive Player of the Week
Cato hit on 34 of 44 passes for 341 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions in Saturday’s 38-28 win over Memphis. With Marshall clinging to a 31-28 lead midway through the fourth quarter, the signal-caller hit wideout Davonte Allen on a 28-yard TD down the sideline on fourth-and-6 to put the game out of reach. Cato is currently the nation's leader in completions (318) and passing yards (3,290) and is fourth in total offense (3,292) and fifth in touchdown passes (27).
Cato’s fourth quarter touchdown pass to Demetrius Evans was the 40th of his career, putting him at seventh all-time at Marshall. His 500 career completions rank sixth all-time at Marshall and his 27 touchdown passes this season is the ninth-best in a single season.
Marshall (4-5 overall, 3-2 C-USA) will be back in action Saturday at 4:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. CT against UAB (2-7, 1-4) in a game that will be televised by CSS and carried locally by WVAH-TV.