- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- WTAP-TV Asked to Leave DuPont C8 Public Meeting
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Second What's Next Huntington Draws Crowd to HHS
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
Cato Named Conference USA Co-Offensive Player of the Week
Cato hit on 34 of 44 passes for 341 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions in Saturday’s 38-28 win over Memphis. With Marshall clinging to a 31-28 lead midway through the fourth quarter, the signal-caller hit wideout Davonte Allen on a 28-yard TD down the sideline on fourth-and-6 to put the game out of reach. Cato is currently the nation's leader in completions (318) and passing yards (3,290) and is fourth in total offense (3,292) and fifth in touchdown passes (27).
Cato’s fourth quarter touchdown pass to Demetrius Evans was the 40th of his career, putting him at seventh all-time at Marshall. His 500 career completions rank sixth all-time at Marshall and his 27 touchdown passes this season is the ninth-best in a single season.
Marshall (4-5 overall, 3-2 C-USA) will be back in action Saturday at 4:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. CT against UAB (2-7, 1-4) in a game that will be televised by CSS and carried locally by WVAH-TV.