- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- More than $200,000 in Heroin, Cocaine Seized as Part of Ongoing Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- This Week in the West Virginia Senate
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Lecture on Dr. Carter G. Woodson to kick off ‘Huntington Lecture Series’
- John Jasko, M.D., named Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor’
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Donors urged to help the American Red Cross maintain blood supply
WV GOP Asserts EPA Working on 75 Executive Orders
"We must beat Barack Obama tomorrow, but even if we succeed nationally, his evil servants at the EPA are planning to destroy our coal and power industries in West Virginia by executive fiat," said West Virginia Republican Chair Conrad Lucas. "This proposed new EPA regulation would effectively end construction of any new coal plants, ever. Worse, it would ensure that prices for any kind of power would necessarily skyrocket."
"If folks want to see how a single man can kill a state and economy, we invite our neighboring states to look in on our mines, our power plants and our unemployed families," said Lucas. "This state is under assault by those who want to take our energy and our freedom. Without Mitt Romney, your state will befall the same fate."