- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Critical First Years of Your Professional Life': Comprehensive, Readable Book for College Graduates Seeking Their First Job
- Foster Care Awareness subject of event March 12
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Ethel Merman, Mother Teresa…and Me': Enthralling Memoir of a Privileged Man Who Was Fortunate to be Enveloped by Unconditional Love
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: In Guyana: Political Negotiations an Opportunity for Real Democracy
WV GOP Asserts EPA Working on 75 Executive Orders
"We must beat Barack Obama tomorrow, but even if we succeed nationally, his evil servants at the EPA are planning to destroy our coal and power industries in West Virginia by executive fiat," said West Virginia Republican Chair Conrad Lucas. "This proposed new EPA regulation would effectively end construction of any new coal plants, ever. Worse, it would ensure that prices for any kind of power would necessarily skyrocket."
"If folks want to see how a single man can kill a state and economy, we invite our neighboring states to look in on our mines, our power plants and our unemployed families," said Lucas. "This state is under assault by those who want to take our energy and our freedom. Without Mitt Romney, your state will befall the same fate."