- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
WV Republicans Make State Gains
"Tonight, West Virginia made the move to a two-party state for the first time in over 80 years," said West Virginia Republican Chairman Conrad Lucas. "We gave folks tremendous choices up and down the ballot. Tonight, we added at least ten new Delegates, three new State Senators and elected the first Republican attorney general since 1928 in Patrick Morrisey. Allen Loughry is exactly the kind of man this state deserves on our highest court."
Republicans now have more members of the House of Delegates than since 1930, with 46 confirmed as of midnight. And, the Party added three new members of the State Senate.
"This is the first year of many more to come. Our conservative values, our support of our energy industries, our message that West Virginia won't be last at anything anymore carried the day," said Lucas. "Patrick Morrisey gives us a professional attorney general who will do all he can to protect our state from Washington, D.C. and the EPA. In Allen Loughry, we are blessed with a conservative judge who can help us end an era as the worst judicial hellhole in America."
"Our work has just begun, but tonight we've staked our claim to take back Charleston from the insiders and corrupt incumbent politicians who have controlled our capitol for so long," said Lucas. "The voters gave us a measure of their trust and confidence tonight. We will do everything can we can to earn it with our plan to clean up government and return it to citizens. Inarguably, West Virginia's political landscape has changed forever."