- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Stabbing Victims Treated and Released following Altercation Saturday Morning
- DEVELOPING: New Documents from NRC/DOE on Huntington Pilot Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 17, 2014
- Green-White game, fountain ceremony, banquet highlight Alumni Weekend
WV Republicans Make State Gains
"Tonight, West Virginia made the move to a two-party state for the first time in over 80 years," said West Virginia Republican Chairman Conrad Lucas. "We gave folks tremendous choices up and down the ballot. Tonight, we added at least ten new Delegates, three new State Senators and elected the first Republican attorney general since 1928 in Patrick Morrisey. Allen Loughry is exactly the kind of man this state deserves on our highest court."
Republicans now have more members of the House of Delegates than since 1930, with 46 confirmed as of midnight. And, the Party added three new members of the State Senate.
"This is the first year of many more to come. Our conservative values, our support of our energy industries, our message that West Virginia won't be last at anything anymore carried the day," said Lucas. "Patrick Morrisey gives us a professional attorney general who will do all he can to protect our state from Washington, D.C. and the EPA. In Allen Loughry, we are blessed with a conservative judge who can help us end an era as the worst judicial hellhole in America."
"Our work has just begun, but tonight we've staked our claim to take back Charleston from the insiders and corrupt incumbent politicians who have controlled our capitol for so long," said Lucas. "The voters gave us a measure of their trust and confidence tonight. We will do everything can we can to earn it with our plan to clean up government and return it to citizens. Inarguably, West Virginia's political landscape has changed forever."