- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
Hunter Named to C-USA All-Academic Team
The redshirt junior from Marietta, Ga., appeared in all but one of the Herd's 17 matches this season while starting in 13. Hunter scored the team's opening goal in the 2-1 victory over South Carolina on Oct. 13, and made his presence known in the Marshall midfield.
Off the pitch, Hunter recorded a team-best GPA of 3.74 while excelling as a double major in chemistry and math. He is a repeat member on the C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll.
"Zach is the epitome of a true student-athlete," said head coach Bob Gray. "He carries a double major in chemistry and math while maintaining an outstanding GPA to go along with his positive production on the field. He played several different positions for us this season and contributed to our success no matter where he was on the field. He gives nothing but 100 percent all the time and will be one of our leaders next season."
Men's soccer finished its season last weekend with a loss to UCF. Hunter joins Daniel Withrow, Tom Jackson, Devin Perkins, and Jack Hopkins on the list of Herd players to receive postseason honors from the league.
For the official C-USA release containing a list of the entire team, please click the link below.