- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Medical resident to receive national research award for pediatrics work
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- "Beauty" Had Lots of Guests at Screenings Worldwide, including a Preview of a Summer Outdoor Theatrical IMAGES
- Miller Named Vice President of Bank
Jeff Waggoner Promotes Assistant Coaches Joe Renner and Tim Donnelly
“Coach Renner and Coach Donnelly did a great job of fulfilling our needs for this upcoming recruiting class,” said Waggoner. “We had a challenge on filling these needs because of the great leadership we will lose from this year’s senior class, and they did a terrific job to help move our program forward.”
Renner, who enters his fourth season with the Thundering Herd, served his first three seasons as the squad’s pitching coach and oversaw the development of current professional pitchers Kevin Shackelford, Ryan Kiel, Greg Williams, Arik Sikula, Shane Farrell, Mike Mason, and Joe Church. Renner will continue to work with the Marshall pitching staff.
Donnelly, like Waggoner, will enter his seventh season with the Herd when Marshall begins the regular season in February. Donnelly served his first six seasons as the assistant coach, working primarily with the infielders while coaching third base. Although these duties will remain unchanged, Donnelly will now be responsible for spearheading the program’s recruiting effort.
Next season, Renner and Donnelly will be joined by Brian Karlet, whom Waggoner brought on as an assistant coach in September.