- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- UPDATING ... Neither 'Mall Cop' nor 'Unfriended' Will Slow 'Furious 7' Vroom....
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Spaghetti Dinner Will Raise Funds for Firefighter
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
Jeff Waggoner Promotes Assistant Coaches Joe Renner and Tim Donnelly
“Coach Renner and Coach Donnelly did a great job of fulfilling our needs for this upcoming recruiting class,” said Waggoner. “We had a challenge on filling these needs because of the great leadership we will lose from this year’s senior class, and they did a terrific job to help move our program forward.”
Renner, who enters his fourth season with the Thundering Herd, served his first three seasons as the squad’s pitching coach and oversaw the development of current professional pitchers Kevin Shackelford, Ryan Kiel, Greg Williams, Arik Sikula, Shane Farrell, Mike Mason, and Joe Church. Renner will continue to work with the Marshall pitching staff.
Donnelly, like Waggoner, will enter his seventh season with the Herd when Marshall begins the regular season in February. Donnelly served his first six seasons as the assistant coach, working primarily with the infielders while coaching third base. Although these duties will remain unchanged, Donnelly will now be responsible for spearheading the program’s recruiting effort.
Next season, Renner and Donnelly will be joined by Brian Karlet, whom Waggoner brought on as an assistant coach in September.