- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- West Virginia’s Premiere Anime, Manga, Gaming & Pop Culture Convention Announces Programming Expansion Plans
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Finalists for Huntington police chief announced
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- SuperTalk 94.1 FM & AM 930 Joins Cavaliers Radio Network
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
Jeff Waggoner Promotes Assistant Coaches Joe Renner and Tim Donnelly
“Coach Renner and Coach Donnelly did a great job of fulfilling our needs for this upcoming recruiting class,” said Waggoner. “We had a challenge on filling these needs because of the great leadership we will lose from this year’s senior class, and they did a terrific job to help move our program forward.”
Renner, who enters his fourth season with the Thundering Herd, served his first three seasons as the squad’s pitching coach and oversaw the development of current professional pitchers Kevin Shackelford, Ryan Kiel, Greg Williams, Arik Sikula, Shane Farrell, Mike Mason, and Joe Church. Renner will continue to work with the Marshall pitching staff.
Donnelly, like Waggoner, will enter his seventh season with the Herd when Marshall begins the regular season in February. Donnelly served his first six seasons as the assistant coach, working primarily with the infielders while coaching third base. Although these duties will remain unchanged, Donnelly will now be responsible for spearheading the program’s recruiting effort.
Next season, Renner and Donnelly will be joined by Brian Karlet, whom Waggoner brought on as an assistant coach in September.