- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 18, 2013
- "Oxylana" Shows Oceana Drowning in Oxycontin Use
- Council Agenda Includes Labor Agreements
- IRS Targeted Taxpayers for Personal Beliefs
- CoreLogic: June MarketPulse Report Examines Potential for Housing Bubbles and Natural Hazard Risk
- University announces hydroelectric demonstration and education project at Morris Creek Watershed
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Island Girls': Nancy Thayer Brings Three Estranged Sisters Together for a Summer on Nantucket Island
- OP-ED: It's the Ownership
- Unsung Heroes Birthed West Virginia 150 Years Ago
- Wild Ramp Hosts Mini Jersey Cow
Columbus Ships Pinta and Nina Arrive in Huntington Tuesday
The ships open to the general public on Wednesday November 14th. The Nina was built by hand, without the use of power tools and considered to be the most historically correct Columbus Replica ever built. The Pinta was recently built in Brazil and is a larger version of the archetypal caravel. Historians consider the caravel the Space Shuttle of the fifteenth century.
While in port, the general public are invited to visit the ships for a walk-aboard, self-guided tour. Admission charges are $8.00 for adults, $7.00 for seniors, and $6.00 for students 5 – 16. Children 4 and under are Free. The ships are open every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No reservations necessary.
Teachers or organizations wishing to schedule a 30 minute guided tour with a crew member should call 1 787 672 2152 and leave a message. Minimum of 15. $5.00 per person. No Maximum. Visit our website at www.thenina.com OR EMAIL email@example.com.