- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- EPA Acts Again to Kill Jobs
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Asks Court To Enforce Subpoena Against Thaxton Wholesale Meats, LLC
- Police Search for Speedway Robbery Suspect
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Lifted for Approximately 40 Customers on Several Streets in Huntington
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Tips for T-Mobile Consumers Affected by Experian Breach
- Huntington Ordinance Prohibits Blowing or Sweeping Yard Waste
- Mermaid visits Huntington
- Public Workshops Planned for Review of Draft Statewide Transportation Improvement Program for FFY 2016-2021
- What's Next for the RKO Flushing Keith? Is the Place Toast?
Columbus Ships Pinta and Nina Arrive in Huntington Tuesday
The ships open to the general public on Wednesday November 14th. The Nina was built by hand, without the use of power tools and considered to be the most historically correct Columbus Replica ever built. The Pinta was recently built in Brazil and is a larger version of the archetypal caravel. Historians consider the caravel the Space Shuttle of the fifteenth century.
While in port, the general public are invited to visit the ships for a walk-aboard, self-guided tour. Admission charges are $8.00 for adults, $7.00 for seniors, and $6.00 for students 5 – 16. Children 4 and under are Free. The ships are open every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No reservations necessary.
Teachers or organizations wishing to schedule a 30 minute guided tour with a crew member should call 1 787 672 2152 and leave a message. Minimum of 15. $5.00 per person. No Maximum. Visit our website at www.thenina.com OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org.