- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
AMERICAN RED CROSS Partners with THE SUMMERS COMPANIES
The Summers Companies consists of two family-owned commercial real estate companies, Four S Development and A& D Company which have worked with retailers and restaurants such as Home Depot, Dollar Tree, Radio Shack, Hallmark, GNC, Applebee’s, Hardee’s, Bob Evans and others for over 30 years in Kanawha and Putnam Counties. TJ Summers says .” . . his father would be very happy to see his family reaching out to help the communities of West Virginia in this way.”
Cheryl Ingraham, Regional Emergency Services Director for the American Red Cross, states “. . . our office on Lakeview Drive in Charleston, was stretched beyond capacity with the increase of personnel and material resources needed to manage an operation of this size.” The offer of available space in Liberty Square came as “we were bursting at the seams,” says Ingraham. “The Red Cross may be utilizing this space for a month or longer to serve the needs of our West Virginia communities as they try to recover from Superstorm Sandy” Ingraham states.
The Summers Companies have provided the space to the Red Cross at no charge. The Red Cross will pick up the tab for utilities during their tenancy, but there will be no charge for use of the space.
For more information on the West Virginia American Red Cross go to:
HOW PEOPLE CAN HELP Those who want to help can make a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief by visiting www.redcross.org or calling 1-800-RED-CROSS. People can also text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to local American Red Cross chapters or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.