- Four Injured in Interstate 64 Accident
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- HMDA May Purchase Huntington Urban Renewal Parking Lots for Bond Payoff, Redevelopment
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- AAA Forecasts Year-End Holiday Travel Up 4.5 % in the South Atlantic Region
- Groups Coalesce Against Fracking Activity in Ohio River Valley
- More than 550 Electronic Gaming Terminals Seized as Part of Two Gaming Investigations
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
AMERICAN RED CROSS Partners with THE SUMMERS COMPANIES
The Summers Companies consists of two family-owned commercial real estate companies, Four S Development and A& D Company which have worked with retailers and restaurants such as Home Depot, Dollar Tree, Radio Shack, Hallmark, GNC, Applebee’s, Hardee’s, Bob Evans and others for over 30 years in Kanawha and Putnam Counties. TJ Summers says .” . . his father would be very happy to see his family reaching out to help the communities of West Virginia in this way.”
Cheryl Ingraham, Regional Emergency Services Director for the American Red Cross, states “. . . our office on Lakeview Drive in Charleston, was stretched beyond capacity with the increase of personnel and material resources needed to manage an operation of this size.” The offer of available space in Liberty Square came as “we were bursting at the seams,” says Ingraham. “The Red Cross may be utilizing this space for a month or longer to serve the needs of our West Virginia communities as they try to recover from Superstorm Sandy” Ingraham states.
The Summers Companies have provided the space to the Red Cross at no charge. The Red Cross will pick up the tab for utilities during their tenancy, but there will be no charge for use of the space.
For more information on the West Virginia American Red Cross go to:
HOW PEOPLE CAN HELP Those who want to help can make a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief by visiting www.redcross.org or calling 1-800-RED-CROSS. People can also text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to local American Red Cross chapters or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.