- Nelsonville Music Festival is This Weekend, June 2-5 with 73 acts
- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Police Report May 29, 2016
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- IMAGES from Ironton's 2016 Memorial Day Parade
- Coffee with a Cop June 1 in Downtown Huntington
- AARP Seeks Nominees for Community Service Award
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
Obama's America Less Louisiana; Over 10,000 Louisiana Residents Want Their Independence from United States
In addition, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York have started petitions to withdraw from the U.S. Texas has about 9,700 signatures.
The Louisiana petition and accompanying explanation reads:Peacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.
As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."
"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."
The Texas petition states:
The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.