- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
OPINION: Winds of Change Have Blown Through Huntington
There are still storms like the shootings that left one dead and five injured in two separate shootings. There are still dark clouds ahead of us in the form of sputtering economy and roads and sewers that need fixing.
Energy has arrived. Not green energy or even coal energy but creative energy. Steve Williams and new members of city council including the always creative and energetic Rick Simmons. Steve Williams sprung into action immediately boosting our relationship with our partner Marshall University and looking at ways to clean our city.
Steve Williams is here to rescue us from a taxes and fees. Well, so we hope. The working man is praying for tax relief. We are praying for leadership against drugs. We do not expect Steve Williams to patrol our streets. We have a fine police department who does an exemplary job of doing that. We just need Mr Williams to be the voice of reason and to inspire our citizens to band together to fight the drug dealers of Detroit.
Mr. Williams gave a fine interview to the television news the other night when he spoke about the recent shootings. I am confident he will not run or hide from the issue. He is not dodging the issue. He is encouraging citizens to make a stand. That, my friends, is true leadership. He is not spinning or lying or playing with statistics, he is looking into the face of tragedy and pleading for us to watch each others' backs.
Huntington is alive with hope and promise. Alligator Jackson has hope. Of course, if the bright future turns into a swamp...well, there will be a gator in that swamp...and the gator will chomp. But, for now, the future is bright. Just remember...this is your town, this is my town...this is our Huntington.