- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- Council Chairman Will Seek Input Concerning Gilespie Misdemeanor Conviction
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
Poets Read from Works Nov. 14
Carpathios is the author of three full-length poetry collections: Playground of Flesh, At the Axis of Imponderables, and Beyond the Bones. He also writes for the column “Let’s Talk Poetry” in The Portsmouth Daily Times, devoted to showcasing work by local poets in the Southern Ohio region. The recipient of fellowships and grants from the Ohio Arts Council and National Endowment for the Arts, Carpathios teaches and is Coordinator of Creative Writing at Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio.
Good is a part of the “Affrilachian” (African-American-Appalachian) poetry movement and the author of the collection Valley Girl. Her poems explore themes in quantum physics, Appalachian culture, gender equality and mountaintop removal. Good is the founding member of OneKanawha, a diversity and anti-racism advocacy group. In 2005, she was honored by Gov. Joe Manchin as a West Virginia Innovative Artist. Currently, she serves as the Director of Brand Experience at Mythology LLC.
The reading is free and open to the public, and a book-signing will follow.For more information, contact Dr. Rachael Peckham in the department of English at 304-696-3649.