- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- Storm Warning Issued for Thursday
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
- Mayor Williams Requests No Driving on City Roads
Poets Read from Works Nov. 14
Carpathios is the author of three full-length poetry collections: Playground of Flesh, At the Axis of Imponderables, and Beyond the Bones. He also writes for the column “Let’s Talk Poetry” in The Portsmouth Daily Times, devoted to showcasing work by local poets in the Southern Ohio region. The recipient of fellowships and grants from the Ohio Arts Council and National Endowment for the Arts, Carpathios teaches and is Coordinator of Creative Writing at Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio.
Good is a part of the “Affrilachian” (African-American-Appalachian) poetry movement and the author of the collection Valley Girl. Her poems explore themes in quantum physics, Appalachian culture, gender equality and mountaintop removal. Good is the founding member of OneKanawha, a diversity and anti-racism advocacy group. In 2005, she was honored by Gov. Joe Manchin as a West Virginia Innovative Artist. Currently, she serves as the Director of Brand Experience at Mythology LLC.
The reading is free and open to the public, and a book-signing will follow.For more information, contact Dr. Rachael Peckham in the department of English at 304-696-3649.