- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- Marshall Men’s Basketball Hires Dan D’Antoni as Head Coach
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- Professional Salaries Discussed During Huntington Council Work Session
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- Green Day’s American Idiot to Invade the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center
Mid-Ohio joins NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule in 2013
The inclusion of the Lexington, Ohio, track marks the return of NASCAR national series racing to Ohio, the home state of the series' entitlement sponsor, Nationwide Insurance. The NASCAR Nationwide Series will visit the track on August 17.
"With Mid-Ohio on the schedule, the NASCAR Nationwide Series has another opportunity to lead the way at a new venue," said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR senior vice president of racing operation. "This gives us the opportunity to bring the series' signature side-by-side racing to a new fan base, and build enthusiasm among race fans that have yet to experience the unparalleled experience of attending a NASCAR event."
As normal, the 33-race schedule will begin at Daytona International Speedway on February 23 and finish up at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 16. The series will visit Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the second consecutive year on July 27.
The Kentucky race on June 28 is the qualifying event for the 2013 "Dash 4 Cash" bonus program. The subsequent four races make up the 2013 "Dash 4 Cash" events: Daytona (July 5), New Hampshire (July 13), Chicagoland (July 21) and Indianapolis.
The complete 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule is below.
2013 NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES SCHEDULE
2/23 Daytona International Speedway
3/2 Phoenix International Raceway
3/9 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
3/16 Bristol Motor Speedway
3/23 Auto Club Speedway
4/12 Texas Motor Speedway
4/26 Richmond International Raceway
5/4 Talladega Superspeedway
5/10 Darlington Raceway
5/25 Charlotte Motor Speedway
6/1 Dover International Speedway
6/8 Iowa Speedway
6/15 Michigan International Speedway
6/22 Road America
6/28 Kentucky Speedway
7/5 Daytona International Speedway
7/13 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
7/21 Chicagoland Speedway
7/27 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
8/3 Iowa Speedway
8/10 Watkins Glen International
8/23 Bristol Motor Speedway
8/31 Atlanta Motor Speedway
9/6 Richmond International Raceway
9/14 Chicagoland Speedway
9/21 Kentucky Speedway
9/28 Dover International Speedway
10/5 Kansas Speedway
10/11 Charlotte Motor Speedway
11/2 Texas Motor Speedway
11/9 Phoenix International Raceway
11/16 Homestead-Miami Speedway