- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
Soccer Complex Groundbreaking Scheduled for Friday
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 20:22 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Due to obstinate conditions caused by recent weather and natural construction site happenings, the location for the ceremony will now take place on the tarmac area located outside of Gate C on the west side of Joan C. Edwards Stadium. Parking in the west lot will be free for all of guests who wish to attend.
Among the dignitaries scheduled to attend is former Herd great Chad Pennington, who serves as co-chair of the Vision Campaign. The Vision Campaign is the department’s $30 million project that includes, not only the soccer complex, but also a state of the art indoor practice facility, which will have an indoor track, an athletics hall of fame, an academic support center and a sports medicine translational research center.
The soccer complex will be about 12,000 square feet in size, with a 500 square-foot press box, about 1,000 seats and a 47-space parking lot and will include coaches’ offices for both programs, locker rooms, a concession area and ticket offices.