- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- Many WV State Offices have Pre-Canadidacy Filings; Cabell Non-Partisan Judges too
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall Assistant Coach Charged with DUI
- Coffee with a Cop Returns Dec. 2
- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
Soccer Complex Groundbreaking Scheduled for Friday
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 20:22 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Due to obstinate conditions caused by recent weather and natural construction site happenings, the location for the ceremony will now take place on the tarmac area located outside of Gate C on the west side of Joan C. Edwards Stadium. Parking in the west lot will be free for all of guests who wish to attend.
Among the dignitaries scheduled to attend is former Herd great Chad Pennington, who serves as co-chair of the Vision Campaign. The Vision Campaign is the department’s $30 million project that includes, not only the soccer complex, but also a state of the art indoor practice facility, which will have an indoor track, an athletics hall of fame, an academic support center and a sports medicine translational research center.
The soccer complex will be about 12,000 square feet in size, with a 500 square-foot press box, about 1,000 seats and a 47-space parking lot and will include coaches’ offices for both programs, locker rooms, a concession area and ticket offices.