- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in November as Inventory Slightly Tightens
- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
- Beech Fork State Park responds to camping trends with online reservations in 2015
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
Soccer Complex Groundbreaking Scheduled for Friday
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 20:22 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Due to obstinate conditions caused by recent weather and natural construction site happenings, the location for the ceremony will now take place on the tarmac area located outside of Gate C on the west side of Joan C. Edwards Stadium. Parking in the west lot will be free for all of guests who wish to attend.
Among the dignitaries scheduled to attend is former Herd great Chad Pennington, who serves as co-chair of the Vision Campaign. The Vision Campaign is the department’s $30 million project that includes, not only the soccer complex, but also a state of the art indoor practice facility, which will have an indoor track, an athletics hall of fame, an academic support center and a sports medicine translational research center.
The soccer complex will be about 12,000 square feet in size, with a 500 square-foot press box, about 1,000 seats and a 47-space parking lot and will include coaches’ offices for both programs, locker rooms, a concession area and ticket offices.