- Huntington Police, Fire Pension Funds Lose Investment Potential when Paid in an Untimely Manner
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Washington Trooper Surprised by Passenger Wearing Seat Belt; Driver Speeding
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- DEVELOPING... Sewer Increase Blamed for Special Metals Layoffs
- School of Pharmacy students plan community outreach in Cabell County schools
- Minor Injury After Bus Accident
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Eighth Annual Festival of New Music brings new works, guest performers
Soccer Complex Groundbreaking Scheduled for Friday
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 20:22 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Due to obstinate conditions caused by recent weather and natural construction site happenings, the location for the ceremony will now take place on the tarmac area located outside of Gate C on the west side of Joan C. Edwards Stadium. Parking in the west lot will be free for all of guests who wish to attend.
Among the dignitaries scheduled to attend is former Herd great Chad Pennington, who serves as co-chair of the Vision Campaign. The Vision Campaign is the department’s $30 million project that includes, not only the soccer complex, but also a state of the art indoor practice facility, which will have an indoor track, an athletics hall of fame, an academic support center and a sports medicine translational research center.
The soccer complex will be about 12,000 square feet in size, with a 500 square-foot press box, about 1,000 seats and a 47-space parking lot and will include coaches’ offices for both programs, locker rooms, a concession area and ticket offices.