- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Council Discusses Two Ordinances
- Pullman Plaza Sold; Will Become Hilton Doubletree
- PSC Legacy Document Shows Dietz Landfill Closure Cost to be Shared by INCO, City
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- 2016 Rails & Ales Festival to be Held on Saturday, August 13th
- It's Almost Summer but Elsa's Ice Magic Continues for Your Event IMAGES
- Huntington Police Make Grand Larceny Arrest
- It's Nearly Summer, but Elsa the Ice Princess Continues Partying
- Friends of the Library Spring Sale June 2-4
Soccer Complex Groundbreaking Scheduled for Friday
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 20:22 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Due to obstinate conditions caused by recent weather and natural construction site happenings, the location for the ceremony will now take place on the tarmac area located outside of Gate C on the west side of Joan C. Edwards Stadium. Parking in the west lot will be free for all of guests who wish to attend.
Among the dignitaries scheduled to attend is former Herd great Chad Pennington, who serves as co-chair of the Vision Campaign. The Vision Campaign is the department’s $30 million project that includes, not only the soccer complex, but also a state of the art indoor practice facility, which will have an indoor track, an athletics hall of fame, an academic support center and a sports medicine translational research center.
The soccer complex will be about 12,000 square feet in size, with a 500 square-foot press box, about 1,000 seats and a 47-space parking lot and will include coaches’ offices for both programs, locker rooms, a concession area and ticket offices.